The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I've been listening to the Obamacare arguments for several months now, amazed that #1. Obama was re-elected, and #2. that our government(read: Obama) made a law that says we all HAVE to purchase health insurance or be fined(taxed) 1% of our income. Could we not have put this to a vote?
Last week I went to the "Affordable Health Care" website to see just what it would cost me if I didn't already have coverage. The lowest priced plan would cost me $271.00 a month but the deductible would be $6350.00 a year per person or $12700.00 a year for the whole family?! And then it only pays 60% of cost?! This is Affordable?
It's one thing to require people to carry insurance on the cars they drive. I can drive a less expensive car or not have multiple cars(I have six currently) and probably save some money but I understand the need, what with lawsuits and personal injury and such.
I would have to consider paying the fine and putting a few thousand a year in an account and hoping for the best. There has to be a better way. I HOPE the country is fed up with this crap and will put someone in the Whitehouse in 2016 that can CHANGE what this fool has done!

That's my version of "Hope and Change"!
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Our choices in 2016 will likely be Hillary and whatever loser bonehead the republicans can dream up to make our choosing between the lesser of two evils as difficult as humanly possible. It seems like the republicans are getting paid some pretty big bucks to throw that presidential race out the window. Seriously, where do they come up with those clowns? That is the *best* they can come up with? I am very seriously considering just removing myself from the voter registration records completely in protest. Especially when I found out that my write-in vote for Ron Paul was completely discarded. I thought we had a RIGHT to vote for whoever in the hell we wanted to.... Well that is just NOT true. We can only vote for who they say we can vote for.
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #13
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I've been listening to the Obamacare arguments for several months now, amazed that #1. Obama was re-elected, and #2. that our government(read: Obama) made a law that says we all HAVE to purchase health insurance or be fined(taxed) 1% of our income. Could we not have put this to a vote?
Last week I went to the "Affordable Health Care" website to see just what it would cost me if I didn't already have coverage. The lowest priced plan would cost me $271.00 a month but the deductible would be $6350.00 a year per person or $12700.00 a year for the whole family?! And then it only pays 60% of cost?! This is Affordable?
It's one thing to require people to carry insurance on the cars they drive. I can drive a less expensive car or not have multiple cars(I have six currently) and probably save some money but I understand the need, what with lawsuits and personal injury and such.
I would have to consider paying the fine and putting a few thousand a year in an account and hoping for the best. There has to be a better way. I HOPE the country is fed up with this crap and will put someone in the Whitehouse in 2016 that can CHANGE what this fool has done!

That's my version of "Hope and Change"!
Yeah, the insurance industry is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. Basically you pay your premiums, and you still have to pay for any and all medical care you are likely to need each year, as it is extremely unlikely that you will meet that deductible. And they made it a LAW that you have to buy their product or be fined. Seriously, communist Russia have had a thing over us when it comes to abusing their slaves. What we have here now is freedom? Maybe if being a part of the tax cattle herd is considered as that. Fences penning you in can be made out of all sorts of subtle things.

Do how many new forms and statements are we going to be needing to fill out each tax season for this ObamaCare law to prove our compliance? Do you think it's just going to be a simple checkbox on your tax form for asking you if you have health insurance with no proof required? Yeah, right...
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #14
85vette

Name :

Well, they do have the Fox(IRS) guarding the henhouse now don't they?
Unread 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #15
Rich Z

Well, here is a question. When the government pays the interest on that money we owe, who GETS that money? Who is making money on our debt?

Secondly, if any business in an industry regulated by the USA government was as far in debt as the USA is itself, would the government allow it to continue staying in business?

And thirdly, when is the next joke (the NEED to raise the US debt "limit") going to come around again?
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #16
85vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, here is a question. When the government pays the interest on that money we owe, who GETS that money? Who is making money on our debt?

Secondly, if any business in an industry regulated by the USA government was as far in debt as the USA is itself, would the government allow it to continue staying in business?

And thirdly, when is the next joke (the NEED to raise the US debt "limit") going to come around again?
1. My understanding is that China has bought our debt. Buy stock in Rosetta Stone.....is that a Mandarin dialect?

2. No, they would probably give it loans, like GM and Chrysler.

3. I think Obama got John Boehner to roll over on that last year, he did not put up a fight, so it's good till next year probably. As long as the printers at the treasury don't break down.....
Unread 04-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #17
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
As long as the printers at the treasury don't break down.....
Yeah, once the government voted into reality their ability to just print up whatever money they needed the candy store was thrown wide open to their greedy little paws.

BTW, does Ft. Knox still have gold there, or has that all that REAL money found it's way into lining someone's pockets now?
Unread 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #18
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

I completely agree with you guys, it's a Good Ole' Boy's Club in Tallahassee and Washington. Their first priority is to get elected by showing support for one Dunce and then to protect their A$$'s (jobs) by voting in lime with the other Dunces. I really wonder if all the bloviating we see on TV by the different parties isn't for show and the real negotiations are done down the street at some bar.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #19
Rich Z

Do you REALLY think the people with REAL power would allow themselves to be in a position to simply be voted out of power by the unwashed masses?

We are only watching the actors performing from their scripts.
Unread 04-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Your spot on Rich. I wonder who's really working the puppets, we'll probably never know.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote