The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #31
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar05 View Post
I spent 30 years in K-12 as a technolgy director, where I was in the minority with my beliefs. I'm more Libertarian in my beliefs because I think less government is a good thing. In Georgia, we were able to declare our party affiliation when we arrived at the polls during the primary. I liked that. I was able to vote against certain people that were part of the party that I felt were the biggest problem, collectively. Here, we have to declare up front. Not thrilled with that.
I also believe Libertarians are close to what the Conservatives would like to see in government. Problem is that in my opinion it's a wasted vote. I think we will always have a 2 party system and we need our representatives to open their eyes and ears. If the Libertarians could mount a successful campaign I would be the first in line.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #32
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I also believe Libertarians are close to what the Conservatives would like to see in government. Problem is that in my opinion it's a wasted vote. I think we will always have a 2 party system and we need our representatives to open their eyes and ears. If the Libertarians could mount a successful campaign I would be the first in line.
Perhaps the vote wouldn't be wasted if everyone didn't believe that to be the case.....
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #33
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Perhaps the vote wouldn't be wasted if everyone didn't believe that to be the case.....
Yep, that's why I said "if they could mount a successful campaign".
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #34
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

All I know is that if the Obama/Pelosi regime is allowed to stay its present course, the damage to this country will take decades and $billions to correct...that is assuming there are enough of us that survive the next terrorist attack(s). That leaves us with only 2 (reasonable) alternatives: (1) Impeachment or (2) Neutralize them thru the power of the vote by electing a more conservative Congress. I think the 2nd alternative has the best chance of success...
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #35
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
All I know is that if the Obama/Pelosi regime is allowed to stay its present course, the damage to this country will take decades and $billions to correct...that is assuming there are enough of us that survive the next terrorist attack(s). That leaves us with only 2 (reasonable) alternatives: (1) Impeachment or (2) Neutralize them thru the power of the vote by electing a more conservative Congress. I think the 2nd alternative has the best chance of success...
There is a third option that I cannot post. It may very well happen if they stay the course. I think the budget this year is 3.8 trillion. They think it's fine to spend a billion for security for the terrorist trials when they shouldn't even be tried here. Gitmo is all set and ready to go.

Try and run your business or family budget using our country as a guide.
Unread 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #36
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
There is a third option that I cannot post. It may very well happen if they stay the course. I think the budget this year is 3.8 trillion. They think it's fine to spend a billion for security for the terrorist trials when they shouldn't even be tried here. Gitmo is all set and ready to go.

Try and run your business or family budget using our country as a guide.
Yeah, obviously the government doesn't really understand the definition of that word "budget". It makes me laugh (in a gallows humor sort of way) to hear of the government taking over businesses because they believe they can do a better job of running that business.

I believe the entire damned government should be tried for malfeasance.
Unread 02-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #37
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Nancy Pelosi's eyes open too far. Really, she should train herself to partially close her eyes. If she does that, and hold her head straight instead of looking down her nose all the time, I think she could pull off the "slightly jaded but good meaning grandmother" look. Instead, she looks really wired, like somebody shoved and then opened an umbrella up... well, you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If the government REALLY wants to see what we think during an election, then give us a NONE OF THE ABOVE vote and watch the sparks fly. That would tell them pretty succinctly that we don't like ANY of the choices we are presented with, so go back to the drawing board and start over.
There was a movie that had something like that in it. Richard Pryor had to spend $10 million in 30 days, but not own anything other than the clothes on his back at the end of that period. Well, it was election time and he knew that both of the candidates were corrupt. So he ran for Mayor with the slogan "Vote None of the Above". Memory serves, he wins.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote