The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
Not yet
I'm currently working on one, "Fast & Furious, My Wild & Wooly Past" . I am going to chronicle all my racing which started with the Soap Box Derby, onto 1/4 midgets, hydroplanes (10hp merc class) motorcycle motocross etc etc. I'm still putting all the pictures I can find on the computer. I have to search for a lot of them because a lot were "mysteriously lost" during a divorce It's amazing how many pics I have found on some of the strangest web sites
It doesn't have to be complete Larry. These sites are a work in progress.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #42
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Yes on the Saker, Yes on the Spice and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I think only 5 cars had a faster lap than you guys. Check this out:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/...4-results.html

Was this the car you and your brother designed? Beautiful machinery! Do you still own Spice -013?
Spice is at my brother's perofrmance shop up in Tenn area.
Intrepid #5 in proto type form is at his shop as well. I'm sure everyone here has herd of RPM Motorsports. That's brother Chris. Also well known as the ESPN's Mad Teacher / Professor of High Performance at NADC College of high performance and DRAG RACE HIGH epesode.
Anyway, Spice was in DIRE need of total resto. Suspension half shafts
up-wright's, and axel stubs when X rayed showed some serious stress cracking. Hewland was due for some overhaul as well.
I'll dig some pic's up of the Saker we built and post.
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #43
spiceman

Name :
Default saker pics racing the 25 hours of Thunderhill

This fella's is a contract to Build race car.
Clean sheet of paper, total build from thin air to the race track. Everything you see of this car was hand built by myself and brother Chris.
Check her out
Attached Images

Unread 02-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #44
NOT A TA

Name :
NOT A TA has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post
Well my friend, back in 1965 racing head set's were not quite known of.
In my case, there were 3 light's on the roof to let the pit crew know that the car was coming in the pits for gas, tires, repairs . Red , Amber, and Green.

This Corvette by the way sold a few years back at Barrett Jackson auction
for 800K to Sachs. Since then Larry Sachs the present owner has done a beautiful ground up resto, most likely another 200K, and the car currently has a NCRS value at 1.4 mill.
My brother and I sold it for 75K back in 1988.
Ah, I see! I was just a young kid then begging my dad to take me to any kind of races.
NOT A TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #45
NOT A TA

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga View Post
Not yet
I'm currently working on one, "Fast & Furious, My Wild & Wooly Past" . I am going to chronicle all my racing which started with the Soap Box Derby, onto 1/4 midgets, hydroplanes (10hp merc class) motorcycle motocross etc etc. I'm still putting all the pictures I can find on the computer. I have to search for a lot of them because a lot were "mysteriously lost" during a divorce It's amazing how many pics I have found on some of the strangest web sites
Post a link when you get the site up. I know how the divorce/disappearing pics thing works all too well. Since you were a 1/4 Midget guy here's the only pic of me in mine I have found.

Unread 02-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #46
NOT A TA

Name :

Quote:
Thats me with the Intrepid, and the Green Orange white Spice is my Spice #33 SE90P-013
Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures! Very interesting!
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #47
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
Yes, what a history he has. I have learned when Spice speaks, listen. Same for you and Larry. I am so happy I started this thread and you guys jumped in here.

I have posted ALL of the pictures I have left from the old days in an album. All of my photos, awards and trophy's are gone. Can you guess?

EX WIFE!! What a bi-ch.
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #48
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
This fella's is a contract to Build race car.
Clean sheet of paper, total build from thin air to the race track. Everything you see of this car was hand built by myself and brother Chris.
Check her out
You guys are so talented Spice. You sure found your calling. Thanks for all of the info. I hope we can all meet some day.
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #49
spiceman

Name :
Default thanks Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
You guys are so talented Spice. You sure found your calling. Thanks for all of the info. I hope we can all meet some day.
Thanks for your kind words, it was a job,and a wonderful job. But the engineer's I grew up with were the real hero's of Corvette, and racing.
With the technology out there now days compared to my dinosour days, shoot I 'm very humbled.
In all honesty, every 24 hours of LeMans, and todays GM Corvette team headed by Doug Fehan...how I wish Zora had lived just a little bit longer.
Racing rather road racing or drag racing, Indy car, or Nascar.........he'd loved every second, and was totally approachable by anyone. He just wanted to hear what his Corvette owner's had to say, good or bad. And why even his home telephone number was listed for anyone to call 24/7. This is the truth.
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #50
spiceman

Name :
Default thanks to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
Kinda fun being requested to dig through my old pile of pictures and share a story or two.
When you get as old as me, tha's about all that's left so it seems.
Spice