The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 03-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default Opinions please

For the C3 savvy guys- what do you think about these cars f/s based on the info provided in the ad? Is it worth a 2 hour trip to check it out? Thanks.

1975 Corvette For Sale

and there's this one

1977 Corvette For Sale

Last edited by Cor66Vette; 03-05-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I would say the 75 has been well taken care of by what he says in the ad. Bushings and brakes have been replaced, that's good. Can't really see enough of the 77. Ask the owner of the 75 what, if anything, it needs. Good looking car.
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I would want to at least see pics of underneath the hood. But even then, it's really hard telling anything through pics. Even a nice clean externally shiny engine can have worn piston rings or tired valve seals. I would go into something like this expecting to be lied to, and ONLY trusting what my own two eyes could see.
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :

Info I know so far about these two cars:

The 75 needs a/c - the guy said he removed it because it took away power. ??? Other than that it needs nothing, except maybe the seats could be reupholstered. This is according to him.

The 77 needs a/c and that's in the ad. I asked for more pics and they should be coming when the fellow gets off work. He was at work and couldn't talk so I was only able to text and the exchange was limited.

Too bad that either of these is 2 hours away. I guess it could be worse, they could be 3 hours away.
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I would want to at least see pics of underneath the hood. But even then, it's really hard telling anything through pics. Even a nice clean externally shiny engine can have worn piston rings or tired valve seals. I would go into something like this expecting to be lied to, and ONLY trusting what my own two eyes could see.
Oh yeah, pics can be deceiving as all heII. Photos are great and all, but I've been on wild goose chases because of the photographic prowess of some car sellers. If these guys took the same time learning about taking care of their cars as they did learning how to take photos, then their cars would be as good as they appear in the pictures.