The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
jsimp413

Name :
jsimp413 has disabled reputation
Default C6 Glass roof panel

I recently moved from a C5 to a new C6. My coupe came with the standard roof panel and I would have preferred the glass roof option. know I can buy a glass sunroof for $1300 to $1500 outright, but was wondering if there are other options that would cut the cost. Like trading the painted roof or using the standard roof frame/hardware and having a glass roof installed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Suggestions of what (or who) to stay away from would be great.
jsimp413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

You could have the hard top roof modified, but I would imagine that would be nearly as much as buying one outright.

You might want to avoid Asto-Tops. Too many negative user comments in recent years

As an option, you might check some of the corvette (as well as standard) salvage yards for a top off of a wrecked C6.

Hope this helps some?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

You will love the clear roof! My '08 came equipped w/ both and I never plan to install the painted one. I bought the aftermarket headliners from a vendor on CF and they work great deflecting the hot sun during the summer months.

You can buy a clear roof from a private individual on CF for $750 or so if you act quickly. I hear there have been problems w/ freight damage, so I'd try to find one close and avoid shipping. Be careful to look for scratches or small cracks if you buy one from an individual. If you are patient, you can find one as I understand there are many people whose cars came equipped w/ them and never use them...good luck!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote