Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 11-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
DM Heart

Name :
DM Heart has disabled reputation
Default Heart's home.

Howdy everyone:
Westward on SR 207 and somewhere between the shores of Saint Augustine and the St. Johns river that splits Palatka, is a rural area known as Hastings.
They grow sod, potatoes and a bunch of other midnight madness edible goods. (If the economic situation ever becomes that dire)
I live out here in the sticks portion of Flagler Estates. Nice and quiet most of the time.
Brief synopsis:
I bought a 1988 Corvette (white with the red hand written "heartbeat" logo) a little over three years ago and have enjoyed driving it daily ... mostly. Until recently when I had to replace my injectors and find a way to abort the vats system. She still sits on the parking pad next to the house waiting for me to dig in deeper and solve the mystery of why she's not starting.
After replacing the injectors and icm she did crank up and ran really great.
But next day didn't run till later that day. Since then, she'll crank, but won't start. I bypassed the key resistor to resolve a mysterious intermittent no crank condition caused by the vats system. At present, the problem seems electronic in nature. (That's what my electronics training tells me).
Members on another forum (whos name I won't mention) suggested things that would have ended up costing me a fortune in needless equipment & repairs. Not that I wouldn't mind having the equipment, but being retired doesn't make check writing all too friendly on the bank account.
So, I'm tracing down signals and removing the dash panel in the process.

This is the first forum I found located in my own home state and with any luck will be able to participate in some of the functions you might have in mind. Maybe I'll be able to meet some new people and make some new friends.
USAF 1979-1990. FL DOT 1993-2000.
My specialty in the military was electronic warfare systems, and in the Dept of Transportation it was radio communicatinos ... so electronics is right up my alley in troubleshooting systems. Wish I had some of those toys I used during my tenures.
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the club.

Yeah, I know the feeling having car problems. There are so many electronic doodads on these cars and all it takes is some loose ground wire or an intermittent electronic component to play hell on you.

Good luck tracking down the problem.
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

I used to live in St. Johns so I know the area. I used to ride my Harley through there before I sold it and bought my vette.

I also worked as a consultant for the FDOT Engineering and Cosntruction and currently for Hillsborough County.

Good luck with the fixes, I wish I could help but I am civil not electrical, but post pics of the car anyway we always like to see photos.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Enjoy the ride.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote