The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road
Default Driving and cell phone use %^&$%&$

I think the whole damn world has gone and gotten itself stuck on stupid lately.

Leased a car the other day for a trip out of state. On the way back to my house not even 5 blocks a freaking Catholic Priest plows into the back of this brand new car. Wife was taken to the hospital with neck injuries and pains in her spine. I'm banged up and bruised. Both of us were wearing seatbelts and I didn't get any whiplash where she did cause her headrest was down instead of up.

Driving along a dump truck in front of me stops to let the car in front of him turn left. Guy behind me in a Black Hyundai, I can see is yacking on the infernal damn cellphone. He looks down at his own admission and looks up and wham 35MPH plows right into the back of the 07 Grand Marquis we were in. Threw us about 5 feet forward and came to a stop literraly inches from the back of the dump truck. I got out and was about to give this IDIOT MORON DUMBBELL IGNORANT IDIOT A PIECE OF MY MIND. I see a Cross and the white clergy thing. I say "I saw you yacking on the cell phone and not paying attention" "Yes it's my fault 100%" he replies. I'm just shaking my head like a Priest no less.

We both have State Farm and State Farm is taking care of everything supposedly. Leasing company isn't too happy but heh that sherman tank stood up pretty well, folded the bumper in caved in the side panel and bent the tailpipe straight down. 6900 miles on this car and it rode pretty nice. If we were in the Vette I would have gone postal on this guy. He kept saying I hope she's allright and it's just an accident. No an accident is when you spill coffee or drop a plate. Talking on the cell phone while driving is CARELESS and reckless to say the least. At least he got the TICKET.

Now I have to go see a Chiropractor for all my aches and pains. Wife was banged up but checked out ok she's sore and everything.

The car he was driving is owned by a Church and insured with State Farm. So I don't think I'm going to have any problems. I am going to document to my agent that I'm sore but if I have something (medical) come up afterwards that it is documented in the claim that I'm not signing off on anything until I get cleared by my own physician and a chiropractor. I don't care if it's theres or mine.

The jest of this rant is GET OFF THE DAMN CELL PHONE while Driving!!! And now I can say I was rearended by a Catholic Priest. I'm sick of everyday I am almost killed or I see other people narrowly miss getting clobbered cause some goober is cruising along yacking on the cell phone running a red light, stop sign or just plain driving like a jacka**. Then on the way home from dinner sitting at a light. The girl next to me is just talking it up and suddenly she drives right through the red light talking away and 2 other cars had to stand on their brakes to keep from hitting her. She doesn't even blink an eye at them more in tune with her conversation than with driving.

So needless to say our Josh Turner concert trip is ruined. I wonder if I can get them to pay for tickets?

RANT OFF

1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica #5410 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
2008 Impala SS LS4 Magnaflow Catback CAI
Florida Keys Corvette Club
Nathan Independent Travel Agent
--------------------------------------------------
I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote