The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #111
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Close call

Not sure how I forgot to mention this.
While we were hauling buttocks (Just a Tad over the speed limit) on the way to the casa via I-75, Ka Blamm ! An 18 wheeler had a freak'in blow out.
I was in the passing lane about 4 car lengths behind him when his tire shreaded. Rubber flying everywhere, a big chunk hit the front of my car and then came the smaller pieces!
Well, using my cat like reflexes, I $hart myself!

Anyway, I pulled over in front of the trucker to examine the damage, finding none. WOW! Just some smudged rubber on the front end that I wiped off. Shook the dudes hand (guess I was Happy), and was off!
Do Vettes have 9 lives?

~Ray
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #112
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Well, using my cat like reflexes, I $hart myself!

Glad you and the car are ok
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #113
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Ray, you're very lucky that tire didn't cause some major damage to your vette. The husband had a similar experience years ago and needed some expensive repairs to his vette.
Also, on the 50th anniversary caravan to the museum one of our club members swerved to miss a piece of tread coming off a truck and ended up spinning off I 75 and wrecking his vette. Luckily neither he or his wife were hurt but the vette went back home on a flat bed.
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #114
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Agreed!

I am Very fortunate and am counting my blessings!

~Ray
Unread 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #115
IVOZ06
CRAZYME

Name :
IVOZ06 is on a distinguished road

Note from Tommy:

Hi,

On behalf of myself, Tampa Bay Vettes and Ferman Chevrolet I would like to thank everyone for coming to The Ultimate Corvette Party on November 18, 2006. It was such a thrill to see all those Corvettes and their owners enjoying the day at the PARTY.

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. It was nice spending time with everyone Friday night, Saturday and at breakfast Sunday morning.

The Ultimate Corvette proves what I always say that the one thing the Corvette does better than any other car, is that it brings people together from all over the world and creates new friendships. I hope everyone made a couple of new friends and had a great time at The Ultimate Corvette Party.
I know I did.

First I would like to say a very special thanks to the sponsor of the show, Ferman Chevrolet, www.fermanauto.com for all their help and support. They were always there in helping me in any way they could to make the show as much FUN as possible for all of us. There is no dealership in the country that supports a Corvette Club and a Show like Ferman does. Thanks guys.

I would personally like to thank the members of Tampa Bay Vettes for all their countless hours of hard work and the help they gave me which made this show a big success.

I would like to thank all of the other Corvette clubs and Corvette owners for their participation in making it a fun PARTY - without you guys there is no Party.

This year's show was represented by 44 Corvette Clubs in attendance. I wish I could have spent some time with each and every one of you but sometimes that hard to do. I hope everyone had a great time. I hope all of you got to meet and talk with Andy Pilgrim and get an autograph or two and to see how special a person he really is. I know he really enjoyed meeting all of you.

And not to forget a very special thanks to Andy Pilgrim. Thank you Andy for everything, and making this a very special day for me and everyone at the show.

And a very, very special thanks to my wife Mary for putting up with me the last 5 months in preparing for the show and hearing nothing but Corvettes, Corvettes and more Corvettes coming from my mouth for 5 months. She will get a break now for a few months and then it start all over again.

Mark your calendars for next year's show. The date is set.

November 17, 2007

FYI: Hilton Garden Inn Hotel has already been BOOKED for next year. In talks as of today on rates and other good stuff for next year. I will send an e-mail on rates and when they will be accepting reservations as soon as I get them.

Thanks

Tommy

"When I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better."
CLICK FOR MY PICS
2001 Z06 TR/Mod Red 400 rwhp
LIFE IS TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN, NO REGRETS
IVOZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote