The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #41
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette8t7
I would also like to add that in another thread MADN3SS posted another issue last night with another item he purchased from Eckler's. I made a kind hearted gesture to bring the matter up to someone at Eckler's in try and bring some positiveness to his situation in light of his recent issues.

MADN355's post:
I do have one other problem with them... minor. Customer number 2142XXXX, Order number 0226XXXX, Trans date 10/14/05. Part number 45037, Sunglasses, Z06 Logo Quicksilver. On both sides of the sunglasses there is an attached Z06 Logo that has since fallen out and lost on both sides. I would like to get replacements sent to me so I can glue them on. I've emailed Eckler's but have not gotten a response. It was low on my list of priorities to look into.

I sent an e-mail last night to someone at Eckler's who replied back to me this morning "I sent him an email offering to replace the glasses".

So MADN355 you should have received an e-mail. I would say this is a pretty decent resolve in what just a few hours? Replacement for an item you've had for a year? But since you don't need any favors from them and won't be dealing with them again or wasting your time I guess this is all moot and I guess I will quit wasting my time.
Just to set the record straight. Here is the email I received from Dawn at Eckler's. You will notice that Eckler's is not replacing the glasses, the vendor is. They carry a year warranty.

Thank you for the kind hearted gesture.

Scott,
Hello, my name is Dawn I am the sales supervisor for Eckler's and I understand you have a problem with a pair of sunglasses you purchased from us these glasses do carry a one year warranty. If you will return them to the vendor with a check for $15.00 they will replace the glasses for you here is the address to send them to if you have any further problems please let me know.
CORVETTE EYEWEAR
784 N FRANKLIN AVE
PALATINE, IL 60067
***MUST HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE****
Thank You
Dawn Hegedty
Sales Supervisor
Eckler Industries
800/327-4868 X 414
321/385-1903

dawn.hegedty@ecklers.net

www.ecklers.com

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #42
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Just to set the record straight. Here is the email I received from Dawn at Eckler's. You will notice that Eckler's is not replacing the glasses, the vendor is. They carry a year warranty.

Thank you for the kind hearted gesture.

Scott,
Hello, my name is Dawn I am the sales supervisor for Eckler's and I understand you have a problem with a pair of sunglasses you purchased from us these glasses do carry a one year warranty. If you will return them to the vendor with a check for $15.00 they will replace the glasses for you here is the address to send them to if you have any further problems please let me know.
CORVETTE EYEWEAR
784 N FRANKLIN AVE
PALATINE, IL 60067
Thank You
Dawn Hegedty
Sales Supervisor
Eckler Industries
800/327-4868 X 414
321/385-1903

dawn.hegedty@ecklers.net

www.ecklers.com

Thats another reason why I don't mess with Ecklers. If they have a decent relationship with thier vendors, they should be able to take the glasses back and have the vendor either drop ship you a pair (as they do with a lot of items in thier catalog) or send you a new pair and have the vendor send them a replacement or credit.

Either way, it's thier policy and one I just don't care for.

A reciept for glasses for a year?

****! I can't keep a reciept for a month

Ecklers should have an easily accessible record of your purchase. Most places I deal with have me and other customers listed by some reference number.

87, when I said you did a good job of defending them, thats what I meant. You've been so defensive that one would think you worked there or had a vested interest...and again, thats ok

Our club is sponsored by Ferman, but if they screw things up, I'm not covering thier backside

Anyway, as you mentioned, there are always 2 sides to every matter. It's been my experience that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle

Is anyone else getting tired of all this? About time to put this one to bed...???
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #43
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation

I didn't get into nor know the specifics of what transpired, I just relayed the information to someone who could help resolve the issue issue in a timely matter and was told he was offered a replacement. I don't work there and really wasn't involved.

There's just responses for every post in this thread, but I'm done with this thread, good luck to everyone wherever your transactions may be....I think I've been spending too much time on this thing and I need to get back the vettes in the garage!
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #44
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette8t7
I didn't get into nor know the specifics of what transpired, I just relayed the information to someone who could help resolve the issue issue in a timely matter and was told he was offered a replacement. I don't work there and really wasn't involved.

There's just responses for every post in this thread, but I'm done with this thread, good luck to everyone wherever your transactions may be....I think I've been spending too much time on this thing and I need to get back the vettes in the garage!

Watcha got in the garage?
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #45
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
these glasses do carry a one year warranty. If you will return them to the vendor with a check for $15.00 they will replace the glasses for you here is the address to send them to if you have any further problems please let me know.

It will cost the customer $15.00 to honor a warranty? I didn't know the warranty was an HMO warranty with a co-pay like a doctor!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #46
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
It will cost the customer $15.00 to honor a warranty? I didn't know the warranty was an HMO warranty with a co-pay like a doctor!

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa it's a "shipping and handling" charge

Give ya some idea what the glasses cost them?
Unread 10-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #47
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa it's a "shipping and handling" charge

Give ya some idea what the glasses cost them?
Shipping and handling on a 30 gram item? Can't weigh much more than that, and I would think it's not going overnight to Australia!?!?!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote