The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Daytona-Flyer
Eric

Name :
Daytona-Flyer is on a distinguished road
Default $2 a gal. gas tax?

There is a blog on CNN.Money.com about raising the gas tax. Here is my entry plus the two before me and a link to the blog.

Eric

http://cnnmoneytalkback.blogs.cnnmon...ise-gas-taxes/

May 21, 2007
Should we raise gas taxes?
Should Americans consider a big price hike in an attempt to reduce demand and transfer money from Big Oil to the general public?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an accountant who told me I should be happy to pay income taxes. He said “It means You’re making money.”

I fired him!

Extra tax on gas when the oil companies make record profits by refusing to build more refineries? They say it doesn’t make sense as we are going to convert to E85 fuel soon. Where is all that corn going to come from? The supermarkets, that’s where. Food prices will just rise. They even increased the burning of the rain forests in South America to make room for corn fields. How much greenhouse gas will that produce?

Tax the oil companies and rebate that to us instead.

Better yet, make the gas companies a public utility and fix the price at $1.00 a gallon.

I’ll give up my the keys to my Corvette “when they pry them from my cold dead fingers”.

Posted By Eric Wallace, Palm Coast. FL : May 21, 2007 7:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gasoline should definitely be implemented but must be earmarked for special purposes only. Maybe to pay for Mr. Bush’s war or proping up social security. An income tax rebate should be used to eliminate the impact on low income drivers. Why is it some American’s don’t think they should pay for anything.

Posted By Bill,Houston, TX : May 21, 2007 6:33 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of gas tax hikes, how about we increase the total number of refineries by 20 to 25%? That would definately increase the total volume of fuels & decrease the demand.

Posted By Bryan from Bradenton, Florida : May 21, 2007 6:33 pm
Daytona-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote