The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Nah Rich, it's not like that. I knew that she's wanted to retire for the last year. Just didn't know she was ready to do it now!

We've talked about it but the timing has not been right. The timing still sucks but I guess she's ready.

We just got through talking for a couple hours.

She's just burned out that's all. The hospital politics and all are worse than law enforcement!

She doens't feel like she's doing what she's trained to do (I can relate to that). She's gonna ask for an LOA for about 6 months. If they say no, then it's adios (in a nice way so not to burn bridges-she's better at that than me) and we'll see where life takes us?

I just did a toast with her to "new beginnings" so she wouldn't feel down.

I have to tell you guys. I haven't felt like this (the nervousness and anxiety) since we first got married and I suddenly realized I was responsible for her safety and well being

It'll be ok....just wish she'd talked about it first.

BTW....you folks here are TOP FLIGHT!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #12
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Hey Gordon,

I can understand the timing thing being an issue with your hopes of getting out of debt and all.
But, It Sounds like she really needed to do this for her own wellbeing.
Best of luck to ya's.
Unread 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :

Yeah Ray, me too...
We'll just ride out the next wave an dsee whats on the other side.....

Remember:

Unread 10-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

It will all work out Gordon. You both have careers that will be easy to find work in whenever you want it. I mean, your sole source of income could be doing something stupid like selling snakes! Then what would you do?
Unread 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Hey Gordon, look at it this way.........if she stays, she'll probably be miserable, and you will too by default. "If Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't NO ONE Happy" certainly applies in this case. Dotty was in the same boat (HATED what was going on at her work), and quit one day. It was a little tight for awhile, but she was SO much happier that it was worth it. She eventually found another job that she really liked, and has been there for 15 years. Just recently this job has started to get her down, so I'm looking at her leaving sometime in the near future again. But, we'll get thru it, and so will you. Gotta tell you that Dotty works in the medical field too, and doesn't like the way that patient care is headed. Anyway, take it easy and know that as long as you have each other you'll come out on top.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #16
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I've learned women are strange critters.Biggest problem they don't think like guys.
i hope everything works out for you Shadow
Unread 10-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #17
Shadow

Name :

Thanks everyone.

It'll work out. Now that the initial shock has worn off I'm settleing into the "this might not be too bad" mindset

I understand Dottie's position. Sounds a lot like my wifes. Healthcare is headed down the crapper with insurance companies trying to nickle and dime everyone to death (literally in some cases) while they continue to get fat!

We really need some sort of HUGE lawsuit or major changes in regulation in that renegade industry!

No wonder the nurses and such get burned out so fast. Between the administration and the insurance companies, who would want it?!

Rich,

If I need to go back into Law Enforcement (full time-God help us!) then it'll be ok too. Did it for too many years. Piece O' cake

I maintained my certification for just that reason

Snakes? Hell no!!!

Food stamps and a box under the interstate first!

Remember:

Unread 10-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #18
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default Informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I was just "informed" that the wife is planning on turning in her resignation at work....TOMORROW!

I'm like WTF?

At least we could have sat down and DISCUSSED it first as we did with my retirement. But no G** Dammit! Always gotta be what "she" wants!

I just started on paying off al the CC's, loans, and getting us totally out of debt in a year or so. Dave said Murphy would step in occasionally....ain't that chit right!

Every time I try to do something positive, she throws a g**Da**ed VOLVO the works (a monkey wrench is too small a descriptive!)

So, unless business gets much better very quickly, the extras in life are gone for quite some time. Gonna have to get used to home cooking again.

The plan to get out of debt in a year or so (the main reason I sold the F#@*ing vette in the first place!) are Murphied all to hell and any shot at another vette in the next year or 2 are probaly gone.

I'm thinking about going back into F/T law enforcement and no disrespect intended to the brethren (or sisters) on here, but being another gov't whore for another 10 or so...it's a hell of a lot easier than running your own business and I'm starting to think...maybe safer!

Sorry guys, just needed to vent. Better get my slave held ass back to work massa!
Sorry to here about your demise! now known as the the PHANTOM!!! haven't heard from ya I can still see your on the planet!!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #19
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Well, I'm tellin ya Gordy and the rest of the fella's

You really gotta be careful and not let them talk ya into crazy thing's, like" SELL THE MALLETT " so the HOA doesn't bitch? Thank GOD I came to my sences. In fact told the sweety, hell sell your corvette then.
Gordy, look at this way, you can divorce her, Then your butt will be so damn deep in debt, it'll take you the next 2 life times to dig out.
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #20
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default D-i-v-o-r-c-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post
You really gotta be careful and not let them talk ya into crazy thing's, like" SELL THE MALLETT " so the HOA doesn't bitch? Thank GOD I came to my sences. In fact told the sweety, hell sell your corvette then.
Gordy, look at this way, you can divorce her, Then your butt will be so damn deep in debt, it'll take you the next 2 life times to dig out.
Went down that road one time, it's no fun lost 3 houses & ya know they always take all the good stuff, if ya can read between those lines???
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote