The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Florida News Feeds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Florida News Feeds General news about Florida topics.

Unread 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default Florida Man Claims Police Stormed Home, Pointed Gun at Head

Wow, he is upset that they raided his home, I wish he would just stop to think about the fact that Law Enforcement Officers are not omniscient and that maybe he should be more concerned with the actio...

More...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A grandfather plans to file an official complaint against the Orlando Police Department, Friday. He claims officers stormed into his home on Cynthia Street in Orlando Thursday and broke down every door, while there was an infant inside.

The family claimed police barged in with tear gas and pointed a gun at the grandfather's head. Victoria Omega rushed to her parent's home after she heard what happened.

"I get a call from them saying my father is in handcuffs and the first thing that goes through my mind is, 'What took place, what happened?' My parents are churchgoing people. What happened?" she said.

Orlando police executed a search warrant. Officers broke through the front door of Henry Marshall's home and pointed a gun at his head. Cops tore down every door and shattered windows.

A cell phone store robbery lead police to his home, because they were after Marshall's 20-year-old grandson Quinton Marshall.

"I look up and there were about three or four SWAT team members with a gun to my face and they were all through the house," he said.

Marshall's grandson has not lived at his home for six years.

"With the fact that they were throwing smoke bombs in there, kicking doors in, anything could have happened. They could have hurt him," Omega said.

The baby that was inside was not hurt during the raid.

These RSS feed are generally a PITA to sift throu, but in this case, I thought you folks might have some input?

I don't have a problem with knocking down a house to get a vilent criminal. I don't have a problem knocking down a drug house.

Here are my concerns on this one:

1) Unconfirmed location. Suspect hadn't "lived" there for 6 years.
2) Damage.
3) Not enough intel on occupants (infant inside)
4) Gas?

In the law enforcement community there's an implied obligation to confirm as much information as possible prior to using extreme measures.

If they had time to do a SWAT call out, then the circumstances were likely was no longer "exigent."

Why not set up teams to watch the home? Use your UC folks and make sure the perp is inside before you knock down the doors and break windows.

Try to determine how many people are inside and if there are children or infants in harms way.

Of course non of us were there and this could all be exaggeration on the part of the grandparents and family seeing $$$$ signs. That's never happened before, right?

Questions?

Was anyone injured in the robbery?
Did the police really do that much damage upon entry?
Was "gas" really deployed?
Did they have substantiated, quality intel that the perp was inside? Ok, he doesn't "live there" but does he visit regularly?

Discuss??

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote