The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Some people just don't wave... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279)

THOR 03-20-2007 08:10 AM

Some people just don't wave...

I was driving to work this morning and pulled up next to a yellow C3 at a red light. I tried to make eye contact, wave, and just be polite. The dude wouldn't even look at me and I was right along the side of him. He just kept his head straight as if he had a neck brace on or something. Oh well, not every vette lover is going to be outgoing and bubbly like you guys. Thanks for letting me rant. Mark:wavey: :wavey:

CREWZIN 03-20-2007 10:04 AM

Ive seen the same thing over here, mostly with the C5's. Some DO buy a Vette for the status only.

Mark Dalton 03-20-2007 12:50 PM

I get that from time to time also. It doesn't really bother me though. I figure some folks just don't get it. Oh well, their loss.:shrug01:

vett boy 03-20-2007 03:27 PM

I've always tryed to wave not matter what series I've driven.
There are a few c-5/c-6 owners who do not know that ''The Wave" is the correct thing to do.I've found a nice little toot on the horn to get their attention.Then I yell ,hey azz hole------ and sure enough they wave with one finger but it's a start.

THOR 03-20-2007 04:16 PM

Hey Vette Boy, that's pretty funny:lmao: . Sometimes the one finger salute works and sometimes it doesn't. :wavey:

ynkedad 03-20-2007 06:33 PM

Happy note...

:wavey: I had a Vette that I pulled up on while it was at a light. My top was down and I must have looked like I dropped a cigar in my lap, cuz I was waving and bouncing like mad. Finally, I tooted my horn Honkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, they looked, I waved and they waved back at me smiling:D.

~Ray:dancer01:

06c6corvette 03-24-2007 06:17 PM

the wave

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :wavey: thats funny Ray.

Mac98vette 03-24-2007 06:31 PM

I stopped to pick up a pizza, and as I was pulling out and C6 drove by with a young lady driving it. I beeped my horn an waved . She turned her head around looked right at me and didn't do either. So be it !!!!!

navy2kcoupe 03-24-2007 08:37 PM

The wave

like I always say... "Some people aren't content to just be BORN an asshole, they've got to prove it to the rest of the world on a daily basis!" Maybe all of the ones that DON'T wave are in their "Prove-It" time of the day. I just :shrug01: shrug, because I'm SURE that I've missed a few during my short ownership time. I guess I'm fine with the fact that they don't get it. They are probably not members of the best Corvette forum on the planet either!
Andy

Rich427 03-25-2007 09:19 AM

I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not :wavey: , nor understand the purpose of the :wavey: . The way I look at it is, it's their loss! :yesnod:

To me, someone who "owns a Corvette" but is not a Corvette person, probably owns one Corvette and they want the world to "...look at what I have".

A Corvette person lives with their Corvette; wants to own as many as they can; and wants to look, ooh and aah over what everyone else has. There are soooo many Corvettes that have been purchased, modified, restored, etc., since 1953 that a Corvette person just wants to take it all in. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a stable of 3 Corvettes, my '69 big block convertible, '01 6 speed vert, and '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition! You would think this would be enough to satisfy my thirst for Corvettes. :nonod: Everytime I see a mid-year Grand Sport I have to stop what I am doing and go salivate all over it! And for that matter, I salivate over any other Corvette that is not mine!

Am I sick? :shrug01: ...I don't think so! But I :wavey: at every Corvette I see (at my age I am not sure I see them all anymore) because I know they are just like me. And I am disappointed :NoNo: when they prove me wrong.

Corvette people love to :wavey: and be :wavey: at. If you don't get a :wavey: back, remember they are either getting too old to see you, or they are not Corvette people and should be driving something inspiring and exciting like a Saab! :eek:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: