View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Last winter I drove from Orlando to Maine on a very tight time schedule .This was the big snow storm that closed the interstate in Massachusetts and Connecticut .I held back in Virginia as long as I could and then I had to go.Mass opened and so did CT the only difference was Mass did snow removal and CT did nothing .One lane open with no treatment at all Nothing .Pure packed snow/ice and I was the lead vehicle of about ten vehicles .Finial stopped at a rest area because i was about to pee my pamper .Behind me a 4 runner and a Jeep both pulled in behind me .They both followed me into the rest room (made me a little nervous ) .They both we're astonished that a Vett could do that and both guys said they couldn't keep up .

What helped was traction control and my Michelin all season RF's .I grew up ice racing with old farm trucks in Northern Maine .I have never experienced any worse driving on any surface as I did on that trip .

Just got back from Lauderdale on buisness but I flew US Air .My wife went up back and saw me changing oil in the vett and she knows I have desire to head south soon .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote