• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

We got 0.57" of rain in the wee hours of the morning. Came down pretty hard at times with some associated thunder.

We were running from the ice when we left the Louisville, Kentucky area on Wednesday and it chased us all the way out of Tennessee on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, turning to rain as we drove through Georgia. Very little traffic on the interstates though, which was odd. I guess everyone took the winter storm warnings seriously for a change.

We have associates who were in the really bad places in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Arkansas that had to shut down as the roads were so bad. We are really loving this east coast route!

Looks like it might rain here all day and perhaps most of the night. Maybe it will help spur the damaged citrus trees to start putting out new growth. I think we are going to be trimming off a LOT of dead branches from those trees. :(

Just can't buy a drop. Been rain offshore for days but it just goes poof anytime it gets in the colder water close to shore. Every year i get less and less rain. Summers are really bad here with almost nothing for weeks at a time.

Had over 3 inches so far. A day like this is a great excuse to take a nap. So that is what I did. :)

Rain since midnight last night was 2.36 inches. Total rain for the "event" was 3.29 inches. Might be more coming after midnight, however.

We got 0.05" of rain yesterday, so pretty much nothing here neither.

Nothing looking too promising in the next two weeks.

So Connie and I spent the day fixing a broken pipe going to our irrigation system and I was cleaning out the filters going to the legs that fed to the plants. I had disconnected all of that stuff right before that cold spell at Christmas. Still have a few more things to hook back up.

Our citrus are all looking pretty pitiful. Might have lost our satsumas completely. And I thought they would be the cold hardiest of the bunch. Surprisingly enough the navel orange and the cara-cara navel are bounding back pretty well. The Changshas hardly got any damage at all. Especially the ones that have come up from seed. Connie's Meyer lemon trees look really bad, as do her pumelo trees. Damn shame as all that stuff would be putting out a lot of blooms right about now. Really nice with the smell of citrus blooms in the air, but this year not going to be much of that.

With the bad luck Connie and I have had in the past year, I am really expecting even more bad stuff to happen. I don't believe our bad luck is over with yet.

Back