Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #5
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Heavy wind and rain chased us out of Nashville almost to Atlanta on Wednesday night. Then everything was fine in Orlando and Lakeland but by the time we made it back up to the state line a huge storm met us there on 75. And there was a major crash in the northbound lanes at the border so we had to take a detour. But we made it around that after we got to Valdosta and got home without encountering any more rain, although it was quite windy. Woke up at 3 AM to heavy rain, wind and frequent lightning! Enough wind that it blew a 6 foot deck box with 10 gallons of gasoline in it across my patio and one of my wife's potted plants off the front porch! No major limbs down though and no loss of power.

This electric company stays on top of things up here. We seldom have a power outage and even when a huge branch from one of our Pecan Tree's fell on the main wire coming to the house, they were here within the hour. And that was on a Saturday! And they had us going again in an hour. So much better than when we lived in Tallahassee.

We will see what today brings.