View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #12
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracket Monster
I live about 5 minutes from miami, i go there everyweekend for races, and i know in this area, since im in highschool i know A LOT of kids with AK-47s and AR-15s and Beretta assault rifles and all kinds of high powered guns like that, many of them keep them in their cars, i know a lot of kids who have pistols on them daily, but since ive gotten into highschool ive seen a big increase of kids with much more powerful and faster guns... all of these kids i know with these guns have extended clips with "armor piercing bullets"... so i can just imagine if kids in highschool have guns like this, what older people in liberty city and carol city and places like that have... so that would b good if police had guns that could be equal or better to the guns that the criminals have.
This is nothing new. This has been going on since I was a kid twenty years ago and yes I am from Carol City/Opa-Locka borned and raised. I'm glad to see regardless of anyone's feelings that MPD is carrying assault rifles. It was the lack of semi-automatic weapons that lead to so much bloodshed in the late '70's and early '80's when the cops carried standard .38 revolvers. Thank the Miami River Cops Case for departments now carrying Glocks.

Hopefully Miami-Dade PD will follow and as I wrote on another post, check the history of the MDPD. They have a history of being proactive rather then reactive. Remember that CENTAC (26) had been reinstated out of the MDPD back in the '80's to combat those "untouchable" criminals. I feel better knowing they have them then not.
If they had them, maybe an officer still dies that day, but instead of four being shot maybe it's only two and we don't have to spend all those manhours searching for the killer. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Bracket Monster, just to correct you, you could not get from Fort Laud to Miami in 5 minutes via helicopter!!!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote