• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Can't Afford Wheels, But New Lug Nuts

C5Rick

After seeing the Wheels & Lug Nuts BM put on Classy's Vette, I thought it looked great :dancer01: I can't afford wheels, so I figured I'd just do the nuts and thinking Rob would'nt want to sell me those back I ordered some from Automotive Engineering.

2069143770_6d61302c48.jpg

2069142778_fbdd972a5b.jpg

2069143234_c2ff01a161.jpg

Like I've said before, no matter how simple the task is I can screw it up.
First, When I ordered the Lug Nuts I was thinking 4 wheels so 4 packs. Oops, there's only 4 lug nuts to a pack, go figure :shrug01:
I was lucky they ordered a couple extra packs.
Next I cracked my only two sockets, I figured I must be ready to go back to work ;)

ROTORS

What you need now...better than new rims is slotted and drilled rotors.
Andrah did mine last saturday and besides the great stopping power they look great. Alot cheaper than rims for the bucks.:thumbsup:

He also did my Silver Bullet before the Zee....We did painted Black Rotors as shown....Red on the Zee

:D Jim :D

Last edited:
Looks good. You can always add new wheels. Everytime I purchased lug nuts they came in a set of 20.

Looks good. You can always add new wheels. Everytime I purchased lug nuts they came in a set of 20.

When I went back to pick up the fifth pack, the salesman said they are packaged in four's because most people buy a set of locks.

When I went back to pick up the fifth pack, the salesman said they are packaged in four's because most people buy a set of locks.

Makes sense but I have always purchased them in a box of 20. When I use to work down Detroit the first thing I did was put locks on my wheels. Since I moved to Cape Coral I don't have locks on any more.

Back