• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Just Got Back From Florida, Getting Ready To Build A House

ChuckG

Retired Florida Geezer
We have a one acre lot up in Pine Ridge, North of Tampa near Crystal River. Just got back last night from a 4 day trip. Spent the time meeting with builders, looking at model homes, reviewing floor plans, etc.

We've got to make a decision to build within 6-12 months, as it takes 14-18 months to build a house.

We've narrowed our choices down to 2 builders, and several basic models, which we'll modify. Decisions, decisions. :)

This should be fun. It was tough to come back. Chuck

Chuck,

You were about 3-5 miles away from me, depending on what part of Pine Ridge your talking about. I'm off of 486 (Norvell Bryant highway) part of Citrus Hills in a development called Brentwood. Next time your in the area, give me a shout, and if there's anything you need or a way I can help you out let me know. I'm retired, volunteer with the CR Police Department and plenty of time on my hands.

Carey Mandell

aaa.jpg

PrideJoy.jpg

Our lot is on Rosewood, off of Carnation, which is off of Pine Ridge Blvd.

I haven't learned the lay of the land yet. Still get lost, even within Pine Ridge.

Looked at a model in Citrus Springs. (don't ask me where. :) )

Thanks for the invite. Chuck

What's really funny is that I came from Howard County Maryland. Lived there for 26 years in a town called Woodstock. Worked for the Government at Fort Meade and retired in 2000 and came down here.

Small world,
I lived on Fort Meade for 12 years.:eek: Then my dad got out of the army we moved to Severn, then I bought a house just off base (Odenton).
Now I live in Palm Harbor

Interesting. :) Both of you have associations with the Fed. Govt. and/or the US Military.

My wife works for CMS, which is the acronym for Medicare/Medicaid. It's one of the big Fed agencies in Baltimore, along with the Social Security Administration.

The US Military and the Fed. Govt. are big employers up here.

We live in Harford County, in Fallston, which is near Bel Air. The biggest employer in my county is Aberdeen Proving Grounds, the huge military base.

We've lived in Harford County since 1974. Before that, we lived near Parkville outside of Baltimore for two years, AND before that, in Pittsburgh, PA.

Looking forward to "gettin' out" of Maryland. Chuck

Chuck,

Glad things went well for you and Pat. I know your heads are spinning, but it will come together. If you need anything, just give me a call.

Joyce and I are headed to our place in Ft. Myers early tomorrow morning and will get to the house Saturday afternoon.

Sunday going to hook up with 2Vettes and Electra, plus a few others from their clubs and going to Marco Island for lunch. Hopefully the weather holds up. The people on this board have been great for us guys heading south. I am sure you will find the same thing with the members of this site north of Tampa.

I'll talk to you when I return.

Rich

CREWZIN said:
What's really funny is that I came from Howard County Maryland. Lived there for 26 years in a town called Woodstock. Worked for the Government at Fort Meade and retired in 2000 and came down here.

Crewzin,

It is funny how there are so many connections between Maryland and Florida on this site. I guess Chuck and I are just a little slower to pull the trigger on this thing than the rest of you guys.

I live just down the road from Chuck in Fallston (Harford County), but I work in Columbia for a Federal Contractor primarily supporting the intel community at Ft. Meade.

We are a year or two ahead of Chuck. Our house was completed last February and we are headed south permanently sometime next year. Well you guys up north of Tampa treat Chuck well, he is a good guy.

Rich

I thought about building up there awhile ago and probably would have gone with Palmwood builders. I just loved the layouts of the courtyard homes.

As far as the building time, just have the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition team come in. You'll have a house in 7 days! ;)

MADN3SS said:
As far as the building time, just have the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition team come in. You'll have a house in 7 days! ;)

One of the builders, Lexington Homes, advertises that they WERE the contractor on the Florida Extreme Make-Over home.

Outlaw: When we get to the cabinet "stage" I'll keep it in mind. We're probably about 6-8 months "out" from starting to build. Chuck

Back