View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG View Post
I'm ready to move to Florida ASAP.

BUT.....I have several obstacles still in my way.

First, have to sell the house in Maryland, and the Real Estate market stinks up here, but not QUITE as much as it does in Florida. Looks like we'll take an 80 to 100K hit on the price.

Second, I'm still trying to sell my business/practice. I've had NO inquiries after having it listed for nearly 8 months. My contract with the broker runs out in February.

The house in Florida has been completed for several months. We just got back from a quickie trip down there.

SO...keep your fingers crossed for me.

Couldn't be a WORSE time to try to sell a house with the real estate meltdown, the mortgage mess, and now the "related" 700 BILLION rescue plan.

Also, the stock market has taken a 3000 point hit over the past several months. My timing sucks.

Here's a link to the listing of my house in Maryland, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.marbykelly.com/

Mine is the house at 2113 Hampton Court, Fallston, MD.

Chuck
Good luck with selling. Are you in an area with that is prime for corp relo? And is your house in the category that a relo exec may be looking for? If so, you are in better shape than most people trying to sell.

However, you picked the absolute worst time to list it. Not only are we dealing with the current housing inventory and credit crunch, but this time of year is always the slowest with only those who have to move moving. If you could have waited for January, would have the best shot.