View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about that man. They were going for your New Year's party money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Of course, maybe if I hadn't been driving a Corvette, things might have gone differently.....
I don't know about that... I've done a load of **** right in front of a cop (usually unknowingly) and they don't really seem to care. One time I was driving home with my friend in the Vette, and he'd never been in it with me giving it any real motivation, so I decided to show him. Leave half a tire at the stop sign, only to blast past an SUV to see a cop coming my way. So I dart back in my lane (a 2 lane road with double yellow lines) and get on the brakes, but if his radar gun was on he got me going at least 60 in a 40. All he does is shake his finger at me. I know a lot of cops are either Vette owners or Vette fans, so I figured that I only got away with it because it was a Vette.

And then, in my super flashy Z, with the wheels and big spoiler and pearl white paint, the worst I've had anyone do is turn on the disco lights for about half a second. Which is... uh, enough warning for me. But my friend has the same car; stock wheels, stock spoiler, black paint; and he got pulled the day before Christmas for going 90 in a 70 (wrote it up as 84 in a 70 though).

So it could just be luck of the draw. Or maybe he heard your exhaust note, smelled heavy modifications, and salivated at the thought of a speeding Vette full of potentially illegal modifications to be ticketed. Either way, it's wise to avoid areas heavy in Police, and to travel in packs.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote