• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Anyone ever go to Bradenton?

jbp8653

Hello all! Anyone ever go to test and tune at Bradenton? I have been meaning to go to see what the Z will do for a while now. Had a 05 Z51 6 speed coupe before Z with longtubes/cam/intake/Jeremy Fomato tune and the best I could get it to do was a 12.7. Terrible 60 foot times. I think a stock C6 ran that well. Z has a few mods with tune/halltech filter/ported intake. 478/441. Hopefully I can improve on 60' times!

jbp8653 said:
Anyone ever go to test and tune at Bradenton? I have been meaning to go.....
The RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series races at Bradenton Motorsports Park Saturday mornings, once a month, and has 2 more scheduled events yet this season (28 October and 18 November ):
I am new to central Florida, and although I have a 'lowly' Cross-Fire, I plan-on attending both events.

Last edited:
Well, I took my own advice and went to Bradenton today. It was a bitter sweet day to say the least. My first run leaving at 2700rpm's and bogging a bit netted a 12.12 and 124.xx mph. I was very happy with that being the first time in this car. Second time up I figured I would leave a little harder, so I went to 3000rpm's and tried it again. All seemed ok until I hit second gear. I blew the universal out on the pass side. So I coasted to the end of the track and pulled way off to the side. Flatbed showed up couple hours later and it's on the lift at the dealership waiting for Monday. I wasn't even power shifting the car. Universal on that side is a known weak point so I guess I will get the updated parts when they repair it. Dang......I knew I could of gotten it into the elevens with nooooo problem. Guess I will have to wait till next time!:shrug01:

I'd like to make it out there at some point. I live near the Sunshine Speedway and they still have a few test and tunes left this year. I'd like to wait for it to be a little cooler.

Sorry to hear about your Z.

jbp8653 said:
. All seemed ok until I hit second gear. I blew the universal out on the pass side. So I coasted to the end of the track and pulled way off to the side. Flatbed showed up couple hours later and it's on the lift at the dealership waiting for Monday.

Well that might have put a few owners off thinking about track time. I've been down a few tracks including 3 different ones durng the Hot Rod Power Tour but I've always have this dark feeling when I'm pushing it down the track as to when something going to blow. I spend enough on changing and upgrading parts that I don't need to cause a problem myself.

CREWZIN said:
Well that might have put a few owners off thinking about track time. I've been down a few tracks including 3 different ones durng the Hot Rod Power Tour but I've always have this dark feeling when I'm pushing it down the track as to when something going to blow. I spend enough on changing and upgrading parts that I don't need to cause a problem myself.
Yup, thats for sure.....but....a car of this nature and price should not break while on street tires going down a drag strip or spirited driving on the street at any time ever. They know of this problem as there is a revised part number for those of us that broke. At least now I will have the stronger piece. I drive it like a little old lady 98% of the time. The few times I lean on her, I expect not to have to call a tow truck. That being said, I still love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything!:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the Z. But, you're right. GM knows these cars are not going to be grocery getters. Good luck next time you take her down the track. We want to see you post some 11's.
We've been to Bradenton a few times when we had the C4's. For some reason we've not taken the C5's yet.

Sorry to hear about your Z but like you said she stonger now.I wish we could set a date for the bradenton track this fall.We could run ours cars and shoot the sh it.Come on Guys lets set a date for the track:thumbsup: :dancer01:

9T8Vette said:
Sorry to hear about your Z but like you said she stonger now.I wish we could set a date for the bradenton track this fall.We could run ours cars and shoot the sh it.Come on Guys lets set a date for the track:thumbsup: :dancer01:
I think they are having a test and tune 10/21!

jbp8653 said:
Yup, thats for sure.....but....a car of this nature and price should not break while on street tires going down a drag strip or spirited driving on the street at any time ever. They know of this problem as there is a revised part number for those of us that broke. At least now I will have the stronger piece. I drive it like a little old lady 98% of the time. The few times I lean on her, I expect not to have to call a tow truck. That being said, I still love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything!:thumbsup:

Absolutely! The car should be ABLE to do what it was designed for and advertised as being capable of. And I'd be REAL curious to know if running the car on a drag strip voids the warranty. That would certainly bust your chops, I'll bet!

Let us know how it goes.

I've only been to the dragstrip once, many years ago when I lived in Maryland and wanted to run my '66 GTO. I lost, of course, because the mods I did put the car into the Modified Production class and I was up against a guy who had to pull back on the reigns to keep from running out of that class. Don't know if things were different back then, but they used to class cars by the potential and actual 1/4 times. At least I think that's how it worked..... Lots of guys would have a switch to turn off the brake lights so it wouldn't be visible that they were hitting the brakes to stay in the bracket.

Anyway, I made it safely to the finish line and was in the low 13s, which I don't feel was too bad for a heavy convertible GTO. But still, I did witness several cars give up the ghost on the way down the strip, so that certainly is a risk to be reckoned with. I watched a video just last night where a guy chewed up the ring in his rear end running a course. So even that has a potential price to pay, I suppose.

Running at track will not void your warranty unless maybe you really abuse it which I don't know what would qualify for that. The General knows that some of us will track these cars. They even said they designed the roof in such a way that a person would have extra headroom for a helmet. Now, If you heavily modified it( cam, slicks, ect ) and broke it, there may be a problem there. Otherwise, you should be able to go to the drag strip or road track and run it and be ok. After all , thats what it's supposed to do, right? Mine broke because of a known defective part. I understand no one has broken the new passenger side cv joint yet. Just little things that will work itself out over time.

..... since my original post last-week, I have learned the schedule for the remaining 2 events in the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series at Brandenton on 28 October & 18 November (of-course, weather-permitting ), both Saturday morning races:

gates open @ 9:00 AM
time-trials @ 10:00 AM
Eliminations @ noon

USA-1 said:
..... since my original post last-week, I have learned the schedule for the remaining 2 events in the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series at Brandenton on 28 October & 18 November (of-course, weather-permitting ), both Saturday morning races:

gates open @ 9:00 AM
time-trials @ 10:00 AM
Eliminations @ noon
Hey Gents,would ya'll like plan a date on Nov.18 to hook up at the drags .Myself i am planing to go to Ecklers reunion on Oct 21 and that will cover my October.Let me Know:vette: :hurray:

9T8Vette said:
Hey Gents,would ya'll like plan a date on Nov.18 to hook up at the drags .Myself i am planing to go to Ecklers reunion on Oct 21 and that will cover my October. Let me Know:vette: :hurray:
..... if your December Corvette-function isn't 'covered' -yet, I'm told a group of Corvette-owners is planning another get-together/test-n-tune session at Orlando Speed World Dragway on Sunday 3 December, from noon until 5:00 PM:
if that becomes fact, I will post it here.
:wavey:

USA-1 said:
..... if your December Corvette-function isn't 'covered' -yet, I'm told a group of Corvette-owners is planning another get-together/test-n-tune session at Orlando Speed World Dragway on Sunday 3 December, from noon until 5:00 PM:
Thanks Brother i might consider that.Make a weekend of it:thumbsup:

Happy to report I got car back earlier than expected. They replaced pass side axle and cv joint with the new improved part. They also replaced side cover of diff with a new piece as old one was damaged when cv joint came apart. They pressure washed underside of car to clean up all the grease that went all over the place when it came apart. A quality job from a quality dealership! Planning to go to test and tune on the 21st if all goes well. Will put it into the 11's then!:thumbsup:

jbp8653 said:
Happy to report I got car back earlier than expected. They replaced pass side axle and cv joint with the new improved part. They also replaced side cover of diff with a new piece as old one was damaged when cv joint came apart. They pressure washed underside of car to clean up all the grease that went all over the place when it came apart.

A quality job from a quality dealership!

Who's store is it?????
:confused:

Give 'em props!:thumbsup:

USA-1 said:

It was posted today on another Corvette-based Forum that a Corvette get-together/test-n-tune day will be held at Orlando Speed World Dragway on Sunday 3 December:
I am posting a link to that announcement here, hoping it isn't against Forum-protocol, and will request that a similar announcement be posted on this Forum, as-well.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1557278943&posted=1#post1557278943

Back