View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Jake_Dragon
That Guy

Name : Jake
Jake_Dragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
, Very nice rides. I know anytime you put a hole in your hood you are going to get attention where ever you take the car. But to be honest, I am intrigued with your Fiero project. Can you give us a little info on it. Like, HP to weight, etc?

Thanks
Rich
Thanks
Its a 4 bolt block bored 40 over with a port and polish on stock heads, GM hot cam and a Edelbrock 600 carb. Hooked to the stock 5 Speed. Shorty headers and Moroso spiromax mufflers. I have been told it should be making around 300 HP but I dont have anything to back that up. I dont want to add much more HP or I will be replacing the trans along with the clutch.
Its not to the point where I would want to put it on a scale but I would guess that its close or under 3000 pounds. Its a very quick car, due to the engine sitting right in front of the tires it gets great traction, I have gotten on it a few times and it just pulls the front end up and goes. The front end is an all glass replacement and is a lot lighter than the parts removed, I do have to add a different steel bumper as the stock one had to be notched, its probably enough but to be safe I will be adding a tube bumper this summer.
This is my project car, I have been working on it on and off for a few years now. I try to keep it in a running state due to the restrictions in my neighborhood but sooner or later the motor will come back out so I can clean it up and replace the clutch.

Is a fun car and I have lots of time in it, my wife bought it for me for our anniversary and I started cutting on it about 2 years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDrDs225EI
sorry about the next one, its not easy to drive, shift and film at he same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JP6-CDUwg

I post a lot over on the www.fiero.com forum

Jake_Dragon

Thats a lot of posts in 8 years I guess
Lots of interesting engine swaps are done in Fieros

Here is what I have in my DD Fiero before I got the Vette.

The only stock car I have is our Saturn station wangon, I wonder what would fit in it.
Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote