View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofavette07c6 View Post
well I have loved the corvettes since i was 16 but could never afford one. not only that but my dad said it was too much car for a teenager and yea i agree. I got into Law enforcement at age 19, great career i love it. My parents were nice enough to let me stay at home till i feel i have enough money to comfortably move out. with no bills and a ton of cash saved I went to the dealer and found a used vette i was able to get them to 36,589 out the door. I payed cash it was kind of cool paying cash they all looked at me like huh??? the vette is a 07 Z51 fully loaded with nav and everything. .............and then i moved out into an apartment with a garage.
Well done my man...I'm impressed! It not often I hear stories of this type today. Going back 20 to 25 years ago around my time (60's - 70's), your story was not uncommon at all. We knew what it meant to earn a buck back then...and the distinction of owning a car worthy of a Corvette. I'm disappointed that this era has lost touch with the chartacter you have to accomplish as much as you have in such a short time. Mister, I need to shake your hand, firmly, and tell you..."a job well done!"
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote