View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road

In the last month, Ive done three tunes locally on guys from the other corvette forum.

It's my destresser from the real world. lol

Im not professional its my bread and butter living tuner. I know my limits and what to feel better with the stock or bolt ons, before I move to Heads and Cam packages. I do have an LM-1 AFR tool, but I really want to understand it with the basics first. That's why i like taking care of the local guys. If a short time later you dont like what I changed, Stop back by and Ill change.

As I go through the process with the car's owner, I ask them if they like the last change after I scan it. If they dont, I either drop back the tune in that area or just dont change it. Thats an area I see driver's preferance is with the AT guys on how the car shifts. I like it firmer and quicker, but the owner may like it softer and later.

Its just fun for me.

I first set up my HPT for just my car 3 years ago. 2 years ago I was scanning another 2000 and accidently set up my HPT for all 2000 C5s. I burnt 6 credits. A couple months ago, I took the tuning course to get better at my car, and figured why waste knowledge, Im already set up for all
2000 C5's .
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote