View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2021, 03:02 AM   #8
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

We've been looking at houses for about three years and the market in the local area (Tallahassee, Jefferson County, Wakulla County) had just gotten ridiculous. We couldn't find what we were looking for in our price range as the median price kept creeping up. Some people are willing to pay $300K for 2000 square feet on a postage stamp of land, but we have never lived in an actual neighborhood or HOA and we weren't about to start now.

So I expanded the area to include Perry and southwest Georgia and I found several properties that offered much more square footage and acreage for a very reasonable price. We settled on a stately home that was built by the owner in a small farming community about an hour and a half north of Tallahassee. It needs some refurbishing but we were alright with that. My wife gets to do what she wants on the inside and I'm going to upgrade the grounds to compliment the southern charm of the two story 4600+ sq ft all brick exterior.

We're pretty excited about it and are still amazed that we were able to get it at a reasonable price. So once we retire our four kids and grandchildren will always have room when they come see us, what with six bedrooms and seven baths on 3.25 acres with beautiful pecan trees. And it gives us plenty to do on the weeks we come home!
Attached Images