View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #16
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettephysician View Post
Interesting observations there, 85 "vette. However, if there are other vehicles ahead of the "target" and you hit one of them, and providing the "target" vehicle has a "high-end" (and stealthy) detector, the "target" vehicle will receive a warning well before you will be able to get a lock on him, and he will slow down accordingly. If the "target" vehicle is the lead vehicle, then your argument holds up. He's "locked on" before he can physically react to the radar source. Luckily, there are usually plenty of other vehicles around to provide an advance warning. Interestingly, the troopers around here are now setting up in neighborhoods shooting laser, which of course has to be shot from a stationary vehicle, with a range of about 100 feet. Laser is much harder to "beat" than radar, I might add. I personally don't think detectors should be banned, as we pay enough in taxes as it is and gas prices, along with everything else. The use of the detector just evens the "playing field" a bit, IMHO.
I agree, there is no need to outlaw detectors. As Shadow stated, the ones we don't get slow down, so in essence they help us accomplish our job. Be aware that your range information for the laser is incorrect. 4000 (four thousand) feet is the max.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote