View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

[quote=Rich Z;34361]Sounds like you have a pretty cool trip. The car running OK for you finally? I know you had some problems a while ago.

Well, It got me to the photo shoot. I drove it there. They had me set up and started taking photos. A while later (as the sun moved) they asked me to move it again. It fired right up (with the new MSD 7AL2+ ignition system & coil it should) and I started to move it and found I had NO BRAKES! Something in the mastercylinder broke and the pedal went to the floor. What a surprise with an automatic trans. Got the vette turned where they wanted then had my wife bring the trailer to the site and we loaded it up and headed to Huntsville, AL.
Tried to get it repaired there, but parts are specail on my car, so nothing was in the area and had to be ordered, so it's still on the trailer here at the house. Always something. I haven't decided who is going to get the pleasure to fix it this time. I know I can't get up under the dash anymore with my back tied together with steel rods etc.
As for the running hot deal, it's still an issue. Haven't overcome that yet. Now with mama out of work, it may be a while before I can pay to have it worked on again.
Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote