Thread: Relocating
View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2022, 09:43 PM   #8
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Lots to consider. Only you know what your requirements are but I can certainly understand wanting to get away from central/south Florida.

Personally I have always lived in secluded areas off the beaten trail up here in northern Florida. I'm not really a city boy. I (we) don't mind being 25-50 miles away from civilization. And housing cost being what they are now, we moved to southwest Georgia and found the prices much more to our liking. The weather's not really any different and everyone we have met is super friendly, much like the small town we lived in in Florida. So it feels like home and has everything we need or want. There is state income tax here but overall the cost of living is low. We have a 4600+ sq ft house and the electric bill has yet to hit $200.

So take your time and drive through the area and get a feel for it, see how it fits. Good luck in your decision. Coming from where you are I think you'll find much to like up this way. I lived in Pompano Beach for several years when I was a kid and have seen over time how much it has changed. I left there in 1970 so I understand what you're talking about. Left a lot of friends and family behind and many tell me they wished they had left too.