View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about the citation Rich. I wouldn't have written you for 13 over and I doubt many of my associates would. It would probably get you stopped for a look-see, but my guys in green would most likely just give you a warning. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers in the tan uniform with the orange on the sleeve, but many of them (especially the new guys) are unmerciful with the citation book. I know they're just doing their job and really that IS their job, so I don't knock on em too hard. Several of them are good friends of mine but I don't know the one who wrote you. I haven't written a speeding citation in so long I don't even know how much nine over is anymore. It used to be $118.50 but that's been a while back. You can request a hearing. It will be with Judge Walker. I would just plead ignorance as to your not being aware what speed zone you were in, and let her know of your past record. Get a lifetime copy of your driving record from DMV before you go. Let it be known however, she will ask the officer what his recommendation is....I have seen her withold points and the fine, provided traffic school was completed within so many days, but that was with the officer going along with it. I would just throw myself at the mercy of the court, explain the hardship of your insurance going up, etc....or get a lawyer. That should keep the points off, especially given your driving record. In any event, you have 30 days to think about it. Keep me posted.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote