View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default STS 132 rollout...here's the latest....

Tuesday, the 13th of April, Atlantis rolls out of its Orbiter Processing Facility with first motion beginning at 0630 hours. It will rolling over to the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) to be mated with its tank and rocket boosters.

On the 20th of April, the entire stack will begin rollout to Launch Pad A for STS 132. The stack should arrive on the Pad approx between the times of 0700 and 0800 hours. The RSS will remain retracted (thus exposing the entire Shuttle complex) when its considered in 'hard stand', and will remain retracted until 6 pm (1800 hours) that evening. The 20th will be the one and only photo op for this mission (unlike the 2 photo ops for Discovery just a few weeks ago).

Here's the rub...with the popularity of the last photo op that included the pics I posted here just a few weeks ago, there will be a review of procedures that allowed vehicles inside the fenced area of the Pad (it pissed a few people off I guess).

That is also a regular duty day for me...so, here how it might play out...there may be a change that no vehicles of any kind are allowed inside the gate...but nothing mentioned of being a few feet outside the gate for photo ops. Its maybe a 20 foot difference in distance, if that. We'll see.

As far as me getting your Vette posed, well, it will depend on the work day I have and what my committments I have to the safety of the Shuttle. Be advised as well...everything changes I wrote above on maintenance reliablity and weather...it can change without notice and then we'll have to catch up to those changes.

Either way folks....it will depend on how things transpire here...and how INSTANTLY available u are and IF we can get a photo op for your car (outside the gate if thats the course 'they' take).

Be patient...and be ready!!!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote