View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

That sounds a lot like what I stated in my previous post. I did not know about that statement. The new proto type class of closed coupes in 2010 is viable option. The Corvette proto type that ran in GTP was a true test bed for GM. Active handling was one of the innovations that came from that series.

With Lou Gigliotti fielding two C6R's with some GM backing, I am not sure you will see Pratt & Miller jump into that class. They are considered a factor team, and that may take away some resources that Lou would be looking for.

I sure will miss the Corvette Racing Team if AM does not return (which I doubt) to the series. If they (Aston Martin) get the performance breaks they want, you know Corvette will complain and possible pull out. They thought of that this year if IMSA granted AM what they wanted continued from the past year when that added weight and restricted the air intake on the C6R's. The trouble there was, they never relaxed the restrictions on the Corvettes and Aston Martin took command of the division.

I have always had a hard time agreeing with the different racing organizations adding weight to winning cars or some of form of punishment for winning. It seems to me if you have a set of rules that everyone must go by, and then it should be up to each team to build a competitive vehicle. I know they all do it (except F1); NASCAR is constantly changing the rules to benefit a manufacturer that is not competitive, with frontal area or spoiler size. The road racing groups seem to love the weight adjustments. At least in F1 (and I know there are a lot of politics in F1) you do not see them impose weight restriction or air restrictions on McLaren or Ferrari. You know each race that these two teams will be on the front two rows and will battle for the win. The other are just there as also ran. It is up to the individual teams to improve and try to catch the two front-runners. Sorry, I guess I need to get down off my soapbox now.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote