View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
ClockworkC5
droog

Name :
ClockworkC5 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP !!! OIL PRESSURE

my c5 has been running perfect. just bought it 2 weeks ago. all maintenance done by a gm dealership and they had all paper work. the oil pressure has always been fine. fluxuating between 25 and 45. anyway, yesterday i go to leave, start the motor and notice that the oil pressure gauge didnt go back down. its still maxed out. so i check the digital gauge and its reading 130. so i shut car off and turn it back on. same thing. so i turn the car off and turn the key to run position, so i have input from sensors w/o the motor running. still maxed out at 130. there is no way the oil pressure is that high. it would blow the piston seals, id be crop dusting heavily (black smoke out the exhaust). the oil temp would skyrocket, and it would shoot the dipstick right threw the hood. none of which has happened. it has to be a faulty sensor. everyplace was closed last night when i left class. so ive had to drive. ill feel much better w/ a new sensor. just looking for confirmation that it has to be a faulty sensor. im changing it tonight, but would like peace of mind in the mean time. also what does an ac delco oil pressure sensor run?

sorry for the repost, dont know how to move post.
ClockworkC5 is offline   Reply With Quote