Thread: Scam Alert
View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Scam Alert

I would think this was pure BS but it just happened to Star & I.

We received our Alltel bill and there was a $9.99 charge on it for "Purchased Items". I called Alltel to inquire as to what I "purchased" and they could only tell me that it was from a "third party" and more or less pay it or else! We went over to the local Alltel store and was asked if I had lately received a TEXT MESSAGE? I told them we do not have that service and have only received messages from Alltel. "Not so" said he. ANYONE can text you even if you don't have the service. I had recently received a text from DADA.NET and after seeing it was an advertisment for downloading music, I ignored it. MISTAKE!!! It was a telemarketing company offering music. By not answering them back with a "NO", I automatically accepted the offer and was on the hook for $9.99 MONTHLY!!! According to Alltel it is entirely legal and there is nothing they (or any other cell company for that matter) can do about it. They took it off my bill and I had our phones blocked for any future "offers". So people, be warned and do not ignore any offers from any person or firm or you may not be so lucky to be informed about this SCAM!!! And don't think if you are on a "NO CALL" list it won't happen. NO CALL doesn't apply to texting!

How can something like this be legal? It is a open scam and in my mind downright illegal!!!

Jim & Star
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote