The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default The outside's world view of Obama

Just got these via email from a friend. Apparently they are all from sources outside of the USA, so it gives us an idea of what other nations think about our POTUS.
Attached Images

Unread 11-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Rich Z

FYI, someone told me that the cartoons above are actually from US publications, and not from foreign sources as I was told by the guy who sent them to me.....
Unread 11-21-2015, 04:41 AM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

How Egypt sees Obama.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJamGa9vZk
Unread 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Rich Z

Hmm, can anyone here actually interpret the spoken language in that video?
Unread 11-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I don't travel outside the United States as much as I did 5 years ago .When I did travel to Europe and Asia I presented myself as a Canadian .Canadian backpack ,Canadian baseball cap and the wife did the same .We could get the grass root feeling about the US .My wife is multi-lingual and could hear comments made about some Americans .

The fact is that respect for the United States started down hill when we pushed for the invasion of Iraq and drug our allies with us .George ll sucked us into a tar baby that will last for a generation .

Obama was never qualified nor will he every be qualified to lead the country .He was elected by independents that disliked Bush and people convincing themselves that they we're not racist .

Some Republicans and some Democrats vote for "The Party" no matter how bad the candidate .The candidate is determined by money .Like it or not we will probably have to pick between Donald and Hillary .I bet you'll hear "I voted for XOXO ,lesser of two evils "
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Rich Z

Yeah, I voted for Ron Paul last election. I would rather vote for someone I actually would want for POTUS rather than have to choose between the (probably wrong) lesser of two evils. If there is no one I even remotely want as president, I will simply abstain and write in "NOTA".
Unread 11-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
85vette

Name :

Say what you may but, at this point the Dems are going to have Hilary or Bernie. Would you not rather vote for a Republican that you may not really like than take the chance of going through another 4 or 8 years with one of them?
Unread 11-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Say what you may but, at this point the Dems are going to have Hilary or Bernie. Would you not rather vote for a Republican that you may not really like than take the chance of going through another 4 or 8 years with one of them?
As long as you keep doing the same things you have been doing, is it any wonder that you keep getting the same results over and over again?

Both the dems and the repubs are playing us like fools. They have convinced us that we really don't have any other choices but the ones they toss us. Aren't you tired of playing this game by their rules?
Unread 11-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #9
85vette

Name :

Yes I am. That's why I'll likely vote for Trump or Carson. But I refuse to throw away my vote if it means Hillary or Sanders win. I don't vote based on party lines but the dems and liberals have nothing this country needs at this point. How's Obamacare working for you? I'm being fined(again)because my health insurance doesn't meet Obama's requirements!

The fact is we DO have to play by their rules. They DO convince us that we have to vote for them. That's what their campaigns are all about. And if you keep voting for someone who can't possibly win, you WILL get the same results.

It's politics. It's not about the best candidate anymore(if it ever was). It does seem like a country with 320 million people would have a better selection of qualified candidates doesn't it?
Unread 11-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
Rich Z

So you believe that the voting system actually works and is not orchestrated at all? Do you think it is purely by chance that the options we are presented with concerning the low quality of contestants in political races is accidental? Why aren't REAL honorable people ever seemingly able to rise to the level where we CAN vote them into being OUR president? Why are we only getting Bozo #1 or Bozo#2 to vote for? Of which half the population is going to believe #1 is worse than #2, and the other half believe that #2 is worse than #1. Is it because only Bozos want to become POTUS, or only bozos are ALLOWED to reach for that ring?

Once you understand that all political offices can be bought it becomes easier to understand why political decisions seems to always favor industry over "the people". Always follow the money trail.

Speaking of ObamaCare, who exactly is going to be making out the best from that boondoggle? Us? Or the health insurance industry? Do you think money wasn't the incentive behind pushing through that mess into law? Seriously, I wish I had a business whereby the government makes it a LAW that everyone HAS to buy my product. Where do I sign up for that?

Me personally? ObamaCare saved Connie and I a bunch of money right before I went onto Medicare. Connie has 5 more years to dance the dance until she becomes eligible for Medicare. She is going to have to change her doctor whether she likes her doctor or not. None of the ObamaCare packages she is eligible for next year will be accepted by her doctor. She's not happy about it, but the difference in price between dancing to the tune and not dancing is quite substantial.

But every penny saved today, boondoggle or not, is a penny in our pockets. So yes, we are willing to put up with the BS if it saves us from having to pay the exorbitant prices that health insurance demands these days.

Will ObamaCare survive reality? Doubtful. Heck, even looking hard at Medicare shows that it's not likely that will survive without the entire country going down in flames. This country can't possibly continue along the road it is progressing with the government's spending illness without the entire USA becoming a slave state and everyone working pretty much for nothing but the bare minimum of subsistence income. All disposable income will be disposed of by government taxing and their own frivolous spending. Heck look at prices of anything today and compare them to even 10 years ago. Prices haven't gone up, the value of our dollars has fallen through the floor. And that is accelerating every day. How long can that go on?

How much interest are you making on your savings accounts? Is that even keeping up with inflation? Is saving money making any sense any more?

So who is going to fix this mess? The people who are herded in front of us to vote for because in order to be able to afford to run for office, they had to make promises to SOMEONE in order to be promoted and financed? Has anyone voted into office to replace a supposedly worse candidate made ANY difference in the last 10 years? Do you think your voting for either Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse today is going to change things?

Is voting for a Republican, no matter how bad the offering is, just to keep the Democrats out really what voting is all about? The entire voting process, in my opinion, has just become an expensive play put on to keep us all occupied and entertained while the real power shuffles our attention from one thing to another while trying to stay out of the spotlight themselves while they do what they want to do with us. Do you REALLY think anyone with REAL power would allow us peons to be able to just vote them out of power?