The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
usgecko

Name :
usgecko has disabled reputation
Default Still looking - private sale not in Fl - advice?

I had made a post previously about a low meage c5 Z06 in Fl. Unfortunaty I was out of state on business and couldn't get to look at it before it sold.
I am still looking and wanted to get people's thoughts on out of state cars for sale. My work schedule is tough and time to fly to see a potential purchase is difficult, not to mention expensive! Aside from pictures, which I have, of the vehicle has anyone ever bought sight unseen and without a test drive ? I was thinking of getting it checked out independently but how would I get some indepenent and reliable?
Any suggestions or comments from anyone that has purchased from outside Fl would be appreciated

Thanks

Stuart
usgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgecko View Post
I had made a post previously about a low meage c5 Z06 in Fl. Unfortunaty I was out of state on business and couldn't get to look at it before it sold.
I am still looking and wanted to get people's thoughts on out of state cars for sale. My work schedule is tough and time to fly to see a potential purchase is difficult, not to mention expensive! Aside from pictures, which I have, of the vehicle has anyone ever bought sight unseen and without a test drive ? I was thinking of getting it checked out independently but how would I get some indepenent and reliable?
Any suggestions or comments from anyone that has purchased from outside Fl would be appreciated
Thanks
Stuart
Try this forum- not so centralized. Seems to be run-of-the-mill for interstate vette goings on. Hope it helps you. Let us know. Good luck.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You could try this site -> http://www.corvetteinternational.com...splay.php?f=77

I set up the classifieds there to skim NEW threads from the classifieds sections on a few sites to try to reduce the clutter of replies. You can also set a filter to only show cars from a particular generation you are interested in seeing.