Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 12-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
C6 Corvette - SRQ

Name :
C6 Corvette - SRQ is on a distinguished road
Default It's not Official Yet...

Just registered on this great forum.

I'm not sure if I'm actually an "official" Corvette Owner yet, or not. But I just sent the payment to the dealer in New Hampshire, however I don't pick it up at the NCM museum until next Friday (12/8). I've got my fingers crossed that the weather co-operates. Will be flying up Thursday for an 11:15am time slot. Man, it's going to be a torturous wait until next Friday...

I recently returned from the fantastic Buyer's Tour at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant --- which was a REAL delight !!! I got to fire my C6 up and even ride in it during the dyno tests. Doing 80mph --- yet standing still... Well, except for the weaving back and forth... My new baby passed al of her tests with flying colors. I have a birth certificate and two build sheets. I'm sure I would have loved the tour even if I didn't get to watch my very own personal Corvette being built. Definitely a trip I would advise to everyone who buys a Corvette.

Which brings me to the details? Monterey Red Coupe with everything (3LT package, F55, chrome wheels, two-tone embroidered cashmere interior, dual roof, automatic transmission, Nav system, HUD, and, of course, the front license plate frame). I think that about covers it?

I've posted a few messages on the "other" forum (CF) but a local (to Florida) forum seems even better. Thanks for inviting me to join!

I'm a first time 'Vette owner, so I've got a LOT to learn. Not sure what local clubs there are or, for that matter, if I would want to join any... Figure this forum will provide lots of info. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully I won't over do it.

Anyway, a big wave to all Corvette owners in the Sunshine State. See ya on the road in less than a week.

Ed
C6 Corvette - SRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

Congrats and enjoy that ride.
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
TxMomma
Texas Momma

Name :
TxMomma is on a distinguished road

NCM #2022
TxMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Hey Ed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Corvette - SRQ
Just registered on this great forum.
I will post pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully I won't over do it.
Ed
Incoming!!!
Welcome to the Site, looking forward to typing at you and seeing your pics! Good Luck with the weather!

Edit: Over do it...I think NOT! We love pics!

~Ray
Unread 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Corvette - SRQ
I recently returned from the fantastic Buyer's Tour at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant --- which was a REAL delight !!! I got to fire my C6 up and even ride in it during the dyno tests. Doing 80mph --- yet standing still... Well, except for the weaving back and forth... My new baby passed al of her tests with flying colors. I have a birth certificate and two build sheets. I'm sure I would have loved the tour even if I didn't get to watch my very own personal Corvette being built
Very cool, Ed!

Congrats and good luck with that beautiful new ride!

We decided we liked the C5 better than the C6 so we bought a "new" C5 in April, but we took it to the Museum for the NCM Experiece as soon as we could. It was the closest we could get to Museum Delivery. The wife got to slap some lucky person's new Z06 on the bottom. So I know doing that to your VERY OWN Corvette had to be a real thrill!

There's a good club in Sarasota, and others within pretty close driving distance. You will find there are a LOT of Corvette activities in Florida.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ed! Yeah, take LOTS of pics when you go up to Bowling Green! I think that is an experience that really should be captured and shared with friends.

Yeah, I'd be fit to be tied by Thursday myself waiting to take delivery.....
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to the site. The museum delivery is a cool way to go. If I hadn't found my Z at a local dealer, that's what I would have done.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
C6 Corvette - SRQ

Name :
C6 Corvette - SRQ is on a distinguished road

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I was debating whether to take my bulky Canon 20D but I think I've decided to go ahead and deal with the TSA inspecting carry-on luggage and take it along. I'd surely regret it if I didn't...

I do have a couple of pics that James Guffey, our guide (a great guy who retired from the plant after 30+ years) took for us.

The first is a shot I got to take immediately after I first fired the engine up. The odometer shows zero miles since it hadn't actually rolled off the assembly line at this point.

The next snapshot shows my buddy who took the trip to Bowling Green with me. His big smile blocks most of the view of my car, but if you look closely, that's me listening intently to the assembly worker as he explained that you have to press the TOP of the button to start it, not the bottom...

The bubble wrap and protective coatings were still all over it...

Ed
C6 Corvette - SRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new car!!
chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
KCandSting
Stinger

Name :
KCandSting has disabled reputation

Congratulations on the new car

It looks like you're doing it up just RIGHT!

You have loaded ride with all the 'goodies'.

Don't forget that camera on delivery day.
KCandSting is offline   Reply With Quote