The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
Captainmorg

Name :
Captainmorg has disabled reputation
Default Bradenton Track Rental

First of all I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the owner of a silver 2001 Ford Lightning. Some of you may have recognized my truck as it screamed bloody murder on the dyno at OSW on December 3rd. I organized our gathering and we had a turnout of about 35 trucks that day. When I was sitting there I was thinking how great it would be to have a heads up drag day with another club, such as yours. Since then some people have expressed an interest in renting out Bradenton for a day of just pure speed and fun. (Bradenton as I'm to understand it is a far superior track to OSW).

Now Lightning on Lightning violence seems somewhat wrong to me, especially since most of our members will be able to call a winner before the race starts as most have similar combinations of mods. Unfortunately, we don't have 60+ years of heritage to add vairety to our ranks like you do.

So, this is what I would like to propose. A track rental with two clubs should make for a much more affordable day. Ideally, I would love it if the turnout from each club was similar. We then do runs to set benchmark times for the day, all the vettes run, then all the Lightnings run. 3 passes each should be good. At this point a representative from each club will create a lineup (slowest to fastest being the most logical) and have heads up races with mixed companies. You can keep track of total ET or win v loss total and crown an eventual winner, but the important thing is we all have fun. Anything after that is grudgematch time!

No idea of date set as of yet, I would love to see if you had any interest from you guys first. So let me know what you think, and thank you for having me as a guest on your forum.
Captainmorg is offline   Reply With Quote