The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

I agree that Corsa Pace Cars (Indys) are a no-downside mod that make the car a lot more fun. Have no fear on that one, Mark. It is a GM-approved accessory, available at GM dealers (don't buy there, I'm just sayin'), will not affect the warranty, and will make the car a lot more fun...except for those bird-watching trips. They are not so low-restriction as to throw the tune off, as my Bullets did. I don't know if you've ever looked at them, but Bullets have no mufflers at all, just some kinda-resonators. Essentially straight pipes with bumps. That's why they're loud, and why they're one of the few catbacks that actually shows a decent power gain.

If you can stand the drop in gas mileage and possible whine, gears are a great mod that don't affect *anything* else, and it's likely the dealer would never know.

Those two mods are what I would limit myself to if you're looking at Plan A, but they are also two I would highly recommend if you want more speed, noise, and fun. OTOH, a C6 has a lot of power just as it is.

It's funny how jaded we've become. When I was a kid, the cutoff for the "fast car" bracket at Milan Dragway was 12.70. Virtually every single car in that class was a full-on drag car, huge slicks, open headers, gutted interior, the works. Seriously Fast. Your car goes that fast right now, more than likely, and would get 25+ quiet mpg on the way to the track.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote