The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Valeo

Name :
Valeo has disabled reputation
Default My Story

Hi all! I am new to the website and I have a question or two for perhaps you can guide me through. I do not know much of anything about cars. I turn 18 in a month and I currently drive a depressing 1996 Mazda Protege. So I got to looking around at some vehicles i thought I would like. (Mind you, I have always loved corvettes but it never came into mind) I have been looking at the dodge rams... until now. A couple days ago i was looking on AutoTrader and I thought, what if i was to get an older car and fix it up to look new, my parents are crazy on the whole insurance thing so i thought an older car would be less insurance and perhaps even a project for me... so i started looking at some older classics and such. Well, I came across a 1985 Corvette. I never looked into the older cars 80s-90s because i basically thought they would be crap, most of them are. But I analyzed the 85 corvette for the first time and now I want one. Here are my questions:

1. Will insurance kill me on an 1985 Corvette? - I looked it up and it was more affordable then a 2004 dodge ram. What do you think? (Mind you i am turning 18)

2. Am I getting myself into more then I can handle? - I am willing to pay whatever knowing that I will love the car and such.. but do you think it will be too much $ and hassle at my age? (And the fact i do not know much about cars and finding parts for an older car)

In the meantime I will read the forums and try to suck up all the information I can.
Valeo is offline   Reply With Quote