Welcome Room Member introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Jake_Dragon
That Guy

Name : Jake
Jake_Dragon is on a distinguished road
Talking New guy from Lakeland

Hello all. I have been lurking for a few weeks and thought I would post here.
I have always wanted a Vette, the first one I remember seeing was an early 70s and I was hooked. I grew up in Ohio, graduated school in 83 and had several hot rods during the last two years of school.
I remember talking to my Buddy's about cars and dreaming about what we would like to own. The Vette wouldn't get brought up that often because it was still way out of our grasp, I don't even recall any on the streets when I was growing up. So we would talk about other cars, Camaros and such that were more obtainable at the time. The Vette was something to dream about after you had made your way in the world.
I moved to Florida in 84 and joined the Navy in 86, sold my hot rod and went to work. Started getting back into them in the 90s and found I liked small sports cars, Fieros were cheap and had a good following so I started messing with them. But the Rodder in us never dies.
I'm a network analyst at a large clinic in Lakeland, I have been there for 10 years and I do well. Over the last 8 years I have been driving, fixing and modifying Fiero's. I have had 7 in the last 8 years if you count parts cars.
Over the last 2 years I started getting the Vette itch again, I went to look at a few early 70s Vettes but nothing worked out. Then last fall a friend at work got a nice 96 C4. So I had my first up close look at them. That kind of pushed me over the edge. I found an ad on Craigs list for an 84 that had lots of custom work done to it. I went and looked at it and with my wifes support I brought it home and have been driving it to work as my DD.
1984 C4 SBC 350 700r4 Tunnel Ram duel Carbs

Its not 100% but its a fun car to drive and it gets a lot of attention. The C4 doesn't seem to get a lot of love but you wouldn't know it by the amount of people that stop and talk to me and take pictures of the car going down the road. I have always liked over the top cars and this one fits the bill.

Now just a short introduction to my Fiero
1986 GT SBC 350 bored 40 5 Speed
What it looked like when I got it

What it looks like now

Power plant

I installed all of this on my car port, try that in Ohio

Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote