• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 OIL CHANGE RECOMMENDATION

DAVE 07-Z51

GM RECOMMENDS 5W-30, BUT I'VE HEARD THAT 10W-30 IS BETTER FOR US DRIVING IN FLORIDA. ANYBODY SWITCHED TO 10W-30, AND IF SO, WHY? APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. DAVE.

My 96 has only ever seen 5w30. It spent 10 years in louisiana and the last 5 in florida. She still runs strong with 110k on the clock.

I don't know of any reported engine failure caused solely from using 5-30 as recommended buy GM .My opinion which is somewhat worthless is use whats recommended.:D

I don't know of any reported engine failure caused solely from using 5-30 as recommended buy GM .My opinion which is somewhat worthless is use whats recommended.:D

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, I APPRECIATE IT. YOUR THOUGHTS SEEM TO BE SHARED BY OTHERS AS WELL.

If you use what's recommended, and STILL have an engine problem, it's one less thing they can hang on you to avoid repairing it under warantee!
Andy

Back