• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Price check in the gun isle

Shadow

SKS 7.62 Semi-Auitomatic, bolt action rifle.

All original, not reblued, and the stock is in it's "natural" condition, scratches and all.

Bayonet lug, OD green web strap (original), rear sights raise up.

From what I can read, it appears to have been made In China and has the numbers 34914 stamped on the butt stock, reciever and engraved on the forward right side of the barrell.

Has Chinees script on the left side of the bolt housing and the full number 1734914 09.

Was a friend of mine's, grandfathers weapon.

Any idea how much this may be worth (just a guesstimate?)

Thanks.

Gordon

Hey Gordon, a friend of mine had a Yugoslavian model that was as good as I've ever seen. The stock was flawless(that's almost unheard of on the Chinese models). He sold it for $350.00. samcoglobal.com has some Yugo's for $269.00-$289.00 that are in "very good condition" to "special select condition" (both are with cracked stock?!?). Whatever that means. I have a Norinco that I traded someone out of years ago that was worth $125.00 in early 1990's dollars. I smoothed the stock down a bit and refinished it in walnut oil. It still has the numbers stamped in the butt and has plenty of scars, but like my buddy said, it looks pretty good for an old soldier. Gives it a little character. I won't sell mine, but I would guess it's worth $250.00 like it is. I actually use mine for deer hunting in brushy areas where scoped rifles would be useless. I have a blocking plate in the mag so it will only hold 5 rounds. I would think right out of the crate one should be around $175.00, but let's see what Rich says, he goes to more gun shows than I do.

The local gun store where I used to live in St. Johns always has 2-3 in stock and if I remember they were listed at $195

Thanks guys. I too had hoped for a little input from the Gun gurul, but alas, ...

Based on all the information, we settled on $175.

She's happy, I've got another toy I don't need and all is good with the world.:dancer01:

Thanks guys. I too had hoped for a little input from the Gun gurul, but alas, ...

Based on all the information, we settled on $175.

She's happy, I've got another toy I don't need and all is good with the world.:dancer01:

I don't think that's out of line. Enjoy it, it's a blast to shoot. When I first got mine it was full of Cosmoline. I wiped it down and put 50 rounds through it, it was blowing cosmoline out the gas tube vent!....I don't recommend doing that, but it does show how tough these Kalishnikov's are. My armorer says you can submerge it in mud and it'll still shoot...

Last edited:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Thanks man.

Yea, she actually took pretty good care of this over the years. Never fired it since she's had it, but kept it cleaned and oiled.

Has the original "owners manual" with it and a canvas sizzered fleece lined carry bag.

I didn't want to over pay for it (I'm not a collector) but didn't want to rip her off either.

Made the offer and she accepted without hesitation.

So everyone's happy...and that's what counts:thumbsup:

Thanks again for all the input from you and the others:thumbsup:

Gordon

Sorry guys, been tied up all day with a guy who came to pick up all the animals here so I can get started on this retirement thing. Took nearly 12 hours to get that all done.

But honestly, I have never had much interest in the SKS, so I couldn't have helped you with a price anyway.

Sorry guys, been tied up all day with a guy who came to pick up all the animals here so I can get started on this retirement thing. Took nearly 12 hours to get that all done.

But honestly, I have never had much interest in the SKS, so I couldn't have helped you with a price anyway.

Hey Rich, no prob bro. It worked out fine with the assistance of a few folks here:thumbsup:

Never been much of a rifle person. I already have Mini-14, K-GBF model and my dad's old .22 Ruger.

My preferred weapon for a firearm, has always been the handgun, followed by a short barrelled, semi auto shotgun.

But this thing fell in my lap, was "different", and it helped out a friend at the same time.

Probably won't get much use, but WTH? For $175.00 can't really knock it:thumbsup:

On a different note, CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement:dancer01::dancer01::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Time to loose the critters and start enjoying life a little more brother:thumbsup:

My preferred weapon for a firearm, has always been the handgun, followed by a short barrelled, semi auto shotgun.

But this thing fell in my lap, was "different", and it helped out a friend at the same time.

Me too .45 and a SPAZ 12 (My favorite forced entry other than C-4)

helping out a friend is priceless and is more rewarding than the money.

Back