• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Non Vette owner, but love them anyway!

PICS FROM PREVIOUS SHOPS WORK...

ok here are some pics ...

The original shop installed crankbolt incorrectly. They didn't use the correct washer and made their own threads in the crank. The ARP bolt became threadlocked. They used valvetrain shims as washers, which broke...and not the ARP spacer. They were beyond tight.We had to freeze the bolt to get it out.

Attachments

• GTO1.jpg
    GTO1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 262
  • GTO2.jpg
    GTO2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 260
  • GTO3.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 265
more...

The original shop reinstalled the stock locks into his valvetrain which don't work with the aftermarket retainers. The locks dropped below where they were supposed to be and caused the damage you see below.
There could be tons of power lost due to incorrect valve springs seat pressure , over time we believe the lock or retainer would have failed which would have caused the engine to drop a valve which would have been a catastrophic failure !!

1st pics- is after install from the previous shop.

2nd pic--is what we found after we pulled the valve covers off

:eek:

Attachments

• GTO4.jpg
    GTO4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 282
  • GTO5.jpg
    GTO5.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 281
Welcome

Dan, :welcome: to the site. :wavey:

First and foremost, Thank you and your wife for your service to our country. :thumbsup:

Second of all, congratulations on that perfect little girl you have.
May God keep her safe and healthy.

My son and his wife are having a little boy around Thanksgiving. My wife and I are very excited as it will be our very first grandchild. :dancer01:

From everything I have seen and heard, Chris will take good care of your four wheeled baby.

Lou

Thanks for the welcomes again, and thanks for posting those pics Mrs. Xtreme, I was planning on doing that today. Which site did you take those from? I didn't remember sending those to Chris yet lol

At the latest I should be getting my car back on Wednesday! Then I can install the Wilwood 6 Piston Big Brake Kit up front and the new 285s out back :)
Then it's track time! Hoping for mid 7s in decent weather.

Thanks for the welcomes again, and thanks for posting those pics Mrs. Xtreme, I was planning on doing that today. Which site did you take those from? I didn't remember sending those to Chris yet lol

At the latest I should be getting my car back on Wednesday! Then I can install the Wilwood 6 Piston Big Brake Kit up front and the new 285s out back :)
Then it's track time! Hoping for mid 7s in decent weather.

:rofl1: I found them on your other site....Chris told me you posted them.

Cant wait to see what your car does :thumbsup:

CONGRATS ON YOUR #'S !!!!!!

422 I heard woo hooo !!! Chris said it drives freakin awesome ! Let us know

what you think...

:dancer01::crazy03::eek::dancer01::crazy03:

CONGRATS ON YOUR #'S !!!!!!

422 I heard woo hooo !!! Chris said it drives freakin awesome ! Let us know

what you think...

:dancer01::crazy03::eek::dancer01::crazy03:

It made 426rwhp/390lbtq, vast improvement.

I can no longer race from 30mph :(

Not like that's a bad thing though :)

She pulls hard, can't wait to put my new street tires on. Hopefully I'll be able to catch traction. The torque is what I reaaaally notice. Can't wait to take it to the track either. :thumbsup:

Well the motor is having some issues and the car is supposed to be picked up tomorrow so it can be fixed.

Hopefully it will be.

Back