• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C4 A/C Problems

markt

Hi everyone...haven't visited the site for a while but thought this would be the place to get some help. My 95 conv a/c is blowing warm air. I refilled the R134a to the recommended pressure (between 40-50 on gauge). Once the gauge read 45 the A/C compressor kicked on but would only stay on for a couple of seconds and go off. When compressor kicked on the pressure would drop to about 15 and slowly go back to 45 and kick on again. Air never did cool off. I would appreciate any suggestions. I don't want to cause any unnecessary damage.
Thanks,
Mark:shrug01::ack2::shrug01:

I would target around 175# on the high side. Sounds like the charge is still to low. Was the system opened? If so did you pull vac on it for 20min to boil out the moisture? If not could be issues down the road. If not, and your just adding a guage manifold will tell you where your at on both the low & high sides.:thumbsup:

Back