• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C3 tires, interesting round things

Kap142

Goldie has never been an everyday driver, just when I want to enjoy her and feel real good. Haven't been real happy with how she's been running of late (ride a bit rough, idle feels kinda weird, steering wheel at 11 o'clock and a slight pull to the right during normal driving. Now keep in mind that I had her aligned maybe a year ago (but that's maybe 2K ago).

Decided to take her to a good Goodyear shop not far away for a checkup. Did so and found that my 7 year old Dunlops had begun separating. Saw it and felt it for myself. Was told that tires needed replaced then alignment would be revisited. So off I went.......

Had liked a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's for some time so found and bought a set (235/60/R15's) Well just damn! Steering wheel is at 12 o'clock, ride is smooth and confident, engine feels smooth and I think I have brass......... things. Holy sheet, what a difference. Just thought I'd share that with ya'll.

Sure was fun just driving her today.:thumbsup:

Gonna be a fun ride over Jack.

Yeah, tires do a lot for a car. When mine would leak down a bit I would air them up to 32 lbs all the way around and it felt like a new car.:thumbsup:

Back