• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Officer down-2 more good guys gone

So now they catch the guy, put him on death roll for 10 years while all the appeals go through and WASTE all our taxpayers money. I know we suppose to show equal justice but this SUCKS big time.

...MAYBE NOT.....

Oh Man! Every time this happens, it hurts a little more.
God bless those two officers and their families.
The rest of you guys and gals, don't let your guard down!!

My heart breaks for the family's.....heartless, souless punks like this should never be back out on the streets after the rap sheet he had. 4 sons left without their personal hero and their wives left without their partner for life.

It escapes me that our system, that incarcerates more of the population that any other civilized country fills our prisons with minor drug offenders (instead of treating them for their addictions and mental issues) yet lets these scum walk free.

I heard a principal address a parent meeting years ago stress a most important point several times during the meeting, "nothing good happens after midnight" and I have preaced it to my kids & friends kids for years.

Our hearts & prayers are with these brave men & their family's.:shrug01:

My heart breaks for the family's.....heartless, souless punks like this should never be back out on the streets after the rap sheet he had. 4 sons left without their personal hero and their wives left without their partner for life.

It escapes me that our system, that incarcerates more of the population that any other civilized country fills our prisons with minor drug offenders (instead of treating them for their addictions and mental issues) yet lets these scum walk free.

I heard a principal address a parent meeting years ago stress a most important point several times during the meeting, "nothing good happens after midnight" and I have preaced it to my kids & friends kids for years.

Our hearts & prayers are with these brave men & their family's.:shrug01:

In reference to: "instead of treating them for their addictions and mental issues"....You can lead a horse to water....I see it time after time. Gordon can tell you, if they don't want help, you can't fix them. I've baker acted many people, over and over again that needed help but were not cognizant of it due to substance abuse. They didn't start out on crack or meth. They started out smoking pot and drinking beer. Their families want us to wave a magic wand over them and make them right again. A marchman act is a court ordered involuntary examination that allows a person to be held for up to 72 hours so a substance abuse diagnosis can be made. The majority of persons are simply released once it is determined that they are not a current danger to themselves or others. Free to continue the lifestyle they desire. Sorry, I'm not a bleeding heart for the minor drug offenders and I make no apology for sending people to jail or prison for violating the law. I agree, many of these scum should not be freed, but they have rights you know.:banghead: Our system is not perfect, but until something better comes along, it's what we have.

Baker Act, Myers Act....makes no difference what mechanism we use to get them off the street, it's NEVER going to make a difference until THEY WANT to make a difference:nonod:

Fallen Officers

TO: Clients, Family and Friends: Out of Respect to our fallen Police Officers in Tampa, Florida .....I designed this for you to put in the window of your home or office. Just print out......

The funerals for Tampa police Officers David Curtis and Jeffrey Kocab will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Idlewild Baptist Church in Lutz.
The offi...cers' families will receive the public at a wake from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at the church, which is on Idlewild Boulevard, east of North Dale Mabry Highway about a half-mile north of Van Dyke Road

Attachments

• TampaPDpatch.gif
    TampaPDpatch.gif
    127.3 KB · Views: 256
A friend of mine that works at JSO says they have this a$$ cornered in the Arlington area of Jacksonville . I hope its slow and painful for him !

A friend of mine that works at JSO says they have this a$$ cornered in the Arlington area of Jacksonville . I hope its slow and painful for him !

What get's me is, JSO was told about him some time back and asked to pick his ass up on the outstanding warrants....didn't happen:nonod:

Yesterday, JSO had "no comment."

Wouldn't want to be the dude(s) that dropped the ball on that one:nonod:

If he's still alive, I just have my doubts (not at thing to support them BTW) that he's still in Tampa.

I'm hoping he took option "B" on the pre-plea bargain agreement, and offed himself in a vacant building somewhere. Not like we don't have a couple of donor places available:rofl1:

Find him when his rotting arse starts to decay!:mad:

TO: Clients, Family and Friends: Out of Respect to our fallen Police Officers in Tampa, Florida .....I designed this for you to put in the window of your home or office. Just print out......

The funerals for Tampa police Officers David Curtis and Jeffrey Kocab will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Idlewild Baptist Church in Lutz.
The offi...cers' families will receive the public at a wake from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at the church, which is on Idlewild Boulevard, east of North Dale Mabry Highway about a half-mile north of Van Dyke Road

That's very nice Jim:thumbsup:

Gonna put it on my car windows. Will print and keep a few extras handy in case someone wants one.

Thanks man:thumbsup::thumbsup:

LET'S FIND HIM TAMPA

I've had this POS's mug shot taped to my dash since this happened. Yours is much better:thumbsup:
Replacing the other one with it in the morning.

Will put the one I had on the dash, in the seat.....under my S & W.....

I would like to see him caged like an animal for the remainder of his life. No TV, radiio, reading material but we know that would violate his rights so I agree. I hope he resists.

Ho could this possibly happen? He shot both officers in the head at close range. That's why one friend of mine doesn't wear a vest cause he says the bad guys go for the head shot.

Here's a link to one article. I feel so badly about this I can't even express my feelings. I don't know the officers on this board but please guys be careful.

It is still a good thing to wear the vests anyway. Proof in the pudding is that the Polk Deputies survived a week prior. One of the Deputies took two to the chest and lived (bruised badly but alive). The easy shot is center mass in the largest target (torso). Just because this guy was close enough to hit the smaller target doesn't mean any officer should forgo the vest because there is a smaaaaallll percentage shot to the head that is possible. The larger percentage shot is still the body. Police train to hit the body first for the same reason, and if the bad guy doesn't go down to start working toward the head. Its the same vain as a seatbelt. Just because that one person was trapped, doesn't mean the other 9,999,999 people weren't saved by the seatbelt. To say "I might get trapped so I won't wear it" is insane.

I'm hoping he took option "B" on the pre-plea bargain agreement, and offed himself in a vacant building somewhere. Not like we don't have a couple of donor places available:rofl1:

Find him when his rotting arse starts to decay!:mad:[/QUOTE]

I hope your right on that I dont want to help pay his living expenses for the next 20 years

Find him when his rotting arse starts to decay!:mad:

I hope your right on that I dont want to help pay his living expenses for the next 20 years[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is still a good thing to wear the vests anyway. Proof in the pudding is that the Polk Deputies survived a week prior. One of the Deputies took two to the chest and lived (bruised badly but alive). The easy shot is center mass in the largest target (torso). Just because this guy was close enough to hit the smaller target doesn't mean any officer should forgo the vest because there is a smaaaaallll percentage shot to the head that is possible. The larger percentage shot is still the body. Police train to hit the body first for the same reason, and if the bad guy doesn't go down to start working toward the head. Its the same vain as a seatbelt. Just because that one person was trapped, doesn't mean the other 9,999,999 people weren't saved by the seatbelt. To say "I might get trapped so I won't wear it" is insane.

Absolutely!!

A lot of the "bad guys" are more proficient than we are (as I speak and haven't hit the range in a year!:rolleyes:). Just the same, the greater chance is, you're going to take a shot to the torso.

Police train to hit the body first for the same reason, and if the bad guy doesn't go down to start working toward the head.

Good to hear they're still teaching that:thumbsup:

We started teaching that method way back "in the day".

Back then we called it "Vertical Tracking."

You essentially started at thier belly button and worked your way north to thier eye sockets!!!:reddevil:

Designed to create IMMEDIATE and TOTAL Cardiovascular and Neurological Dysfunction!...in other words...if you can't win thier hearts and minds, the you shut down them both down...!!:reddevil:

It's Over....

...for now...

Not exactly what most would have preferred, but at least it's over so the officers, friends and family, can attend tomorrows services with the knowledge that this worthless POS, this waste of flesh. this "air thief", is now behind bars where he belongs!!:mad::mad:

I'd have rather they had to scrape him up with a spatula and place his remains in a glad lock bag, but it is what it is....

Thanks to the men and women of law enforcement that committed thier time and efforts to the manhunt.

Thanks to the citizens of this (and every other county) that supported the effort with thier thoughts, prayers, comments and works.:thumbsup:

One of the most memorable events for me in recent years, was Matt & DIOGI In Polk County. That procession revealed "street people", people that you know damned well, had previously had "run in's" with the law, vagrants, homeess....well, you get the picture....standing at attention, holding thier baseball caps over thier hearts, holding signs of support for the officer and LE in general.....as the procession passed.

There were times I was praying that no one stopped ahead....it was hard to see through the tears....

As many of us here know, it's times like these that bring out the best in people:thumbsup:

I hope we can stop "bringing out the best" for a while....:nonod::nonod:

R.I.P. thy good and faithful servants...

...Gordon....

(I'm done...back to my cave...)

Back