• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

My new Akrapovic exhaust on my ZO6!

1Bad'66

Overall I am happy with the look and sound of this system. I thought that the tips were A.) a little big and B.) stuck out a bit too much, but the carbon fiber tips on a black car kinda blend in, glad I did not get the polished tips, I think it would be too much. As far as how far they stick out, they really don't seem to be that bad. They still kinda blend into the rear of the car.

A little drone in the lower rpm's: 1500-1700 or so, at about 1800 rpm you are driving out of it.

Nice exhaust note. Very deep and it has a lot of bass. I could not believe it when I first fired it up...I was like, where did all this bass come from?! When the valves/flaps are open the ground shakes. Mucho bass and sound!

A few(!) pics from today! (video up soon!)

Old' factory exhaust:

DSCN1319.jpg

Factory can next to the Akrapovic:

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338.jpg

Gettin some!
DSCN1340.jpg

DSCN1341.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

DSCN1365.jpg

DSCN1366.jpg

DSCN1367.jpg

DSCN1368.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1370.jpg

DSCN1386.jpg

:iagree: those carbon tips look really good and the polished would have been too much. Am an not sure, the straight on shots look like they stick out, but from the side they look just right.

Jim to Brad

Brad:
Where did you get them and what was the cost....My Z06 would look great with those !!! Your VETTE LOOKS GREAT !! :thumbsup:
Jim

Brad:
Where did you get them and what was the cost....My Z06 would look great with those !!! Your VETTE LOOKS GREAT !! :thumbsup:
Jim

Thanks Jim! Southern car parts. Jim is the contact there. I think he has them on sale now as well...should be right around $2k.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I may have seen you a couple sat.back. Was that your car followed by a couple other vetts running the ALLEY headed toward Ft. Lauderdale? I was returning from a cruise and headed home when I spotted the cars. :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I may have seen you a couple sat.back. Was that your car followed by a couple other vetts running the ALLEY headed toward Ft. Lauderdale? I was returning from a cruise and headed home when I spotted the cars. :)

That would have been me/us! We head over to do a lunchtime cruise in over there every 3rd Satruday of the month! Pretty cool you saw us!

:thumbsup:

Back