• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

NCM Membership POLL

Are you a member of the National Corvette Museum?

• Yes! - I'm a Lifetime Member

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Yes! - I'm a Family Member

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Yes! - I'm an Individual Member

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Yes! - I support the NCM as a Lifetime Business Member

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! - I support the NCM as a Business Member

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • No - Not Yet

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters
Thank You

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to reply to this thread so far!

I see that so far we have 21 votes in the poll - don't forget to cast your vote!

HMM...Just information.

My status has been changed since I originally took the poll. So the "poll" on the 1st page reflects no i'm not, when actually now I am (A lifetime member).
Not sure if it really matters unless you were actually using the poll for something.?

~Ray

I am not currently a member. I have bought shirts and the original window sticker for my car from NCM. After reading what everyone has been saying here, I can't wait to make the phone call tomorrow and become at minimum a Family member. The Lifetime payment option might make me a Lifetime member. :yesnod:

Take the plunge!

FYI: Basicaly, This is what the letter they sent me says.

You'll get a temporary Lifetime Membership card (and I did), which will be renewed at the end of the year with continous payment on your Lifetime membership payment plan. You and yours will be allowed into the Museum and you'll also receive the Discounts at the Corvete store.
Your membership will be processed and your membership pkg. will be mailed to you once you've completed your payment plan.

~Ray

OK, maybe SCUBA gear :yesnod:
If you don't get the package until the payment plan is complete, how long is the payment plan?:shrug01:

Individual member here, as part of my R8C option with the Z06. I plan on becoming a lifetime member. :yesnod:

Just received...

my first addition of the NCM magazine.:dancer01:
:thumbsup: And there it is...My name is listed under lifetime member! WoooHooo:D
Guess that means now we'll have to go to the museum sometime.:yesnod:

~Ray

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Judy & I are planning on being part of the Sept. 2009 Caravan that goes to the museum for it's 15th anniversary. But we might get there before that. :shrug01:

We'd like to go...

:wavey: but that's aways off and there's no telling (at this point) if we'd be able to make it.:shrug01:
Sounds like one hell of a fun trip though!:yesnod:

~Ray

SteveK said:
Let's see ..... how would you word it........
Oh yeah....... definite maybe. :lmao:

exactly.gif
:lmao:

Got a letter from the NCM...

:wave: Regarding the 13th Annual Corvette Celebration, this Labor Day weekend Aug 30th - Sept 1st.
It says... as a Lifetime member, We'll receive a Comp reservation to the event, VIP parking at the Celebration and a VIP dinner at Jan and Wendell Strode's home.
:hmm: Anyone know who the Strode's are :thinkin: ?:D

Well, is anyone from here planning on attending this Celebration?

Also, where can I find information (stats) on how many Lifetime, Family, individual members there are? I'm curious because, this guy must have an awful BIG house to be having a dinner for all of the Lifetime members.

~Ray:bigear:

ynkedad said:
:wave: Regarding the 13th Annual Corvette Celebration, this Labor Day weekend Aug 30th - Sept 1st.
It says... as a Lifetime member, We'll receive a Comp reservation to the event, VIP parking at the Celebration and a VIP dinner at Jan and Wendell Strode's home.
:hmm: Anyone know who the Strode's are :thinkin: ?:D

Well, is anyone from here planning on attending this Celebration?

Also, where can I find information (stats) on how many Lifetime, Family, individual members there are? I'm curious because, this guy must have an awful BIG house to be having a dinner for all of the Lifetime members.

~Ray:bigear:

Wendell Strode is the Executive Director of the NCM and recently celebrated his 10th Anniversary in that position.

While breakdowns by individual, family, etc. aren't published, total NCM membership exceeds 27,000 worldwide.

As for the Lifetime member dinner, there's plenty of room at the Strode's. Wendell and his wife also run a superb B&B with all the necessary space to host such gatherings. Check it out at: http://www.1869homestead.com/index.php

Back