• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette burnout almost sets gas tank on fire

I like burnouts, but not stationary ones! Gimme a good old "lets see who can put the longest patch of rubber down" burnout ANY day!
Andy :wavey:

Probably not the best idea to let the cycle's rev limiter get bounced on like that for so long. Wouldn't surprise me to see him blow something up internally in the motor.

A couple of years ago I watched a guy in the burnout pit at Carlisle blow out his tires as well as his rear 1/4 panels.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't get it! :shrug01:

A couple of years ago I watched a guy in the burnout pit at Carlisle blow out his tires as well as his rear 1/4 panels.

Wasn't that the guys from Digital Corvettes? Yeah, not sure why you'd want to destroy that either...

At the first Ferman show Connie and I attended a few years ago, some guy did a burn out in the parking lot of the host hotel during the evening when people were congregating out there. The grooves cut into the asphault were still there a couple of years afterwards. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, I just don't see the attraction of a cloud of burning rubber. It really can't be all that good for your lungs, even as a bystander.

The one I saw was Corvette Plant Manager Wil Cooksey in a silver Z06. Here is the link to the video:

"Corvette plant manager Wil Cooksey
does some destructive testing on a brand new Z06 Corvette. Watch the tire
blowing Burnout and the aftermath!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v0P2LHSBvo

How does someone keep from choking on that smoke? Burning rubber is as pungent to me as pine wood smoke. :ack2:

A bunch of armatures. You should first get the tires good and wet by driving slowly through a puddle of water. Then spin them. Saves tires and wear & tear on the car. You still get a lot of smoke if that's what you're after.

Back